Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking an ETL Developer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire an ETL Developer to join our Advisor Digital Experience team.
The ETL Developer will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
Our ideal ETL Developer candidate is dynamic and self-motivated with sharp data analytical, research & mining skills, who can work collaboratively to support our fast paced Dev Ops work cells, helping deliver business value and data stability by requirements analysis, problem solving and applying data modeling concepts & tools.
Can you write complex queries? Do you understand how to optimize those queries using tools provided by the platform? Do you know the extended API (functions) available on the platform, and are you able to leverage them effectively? If you answered “yes” to these questions, and meet the requirements outlined below, we encourage you to apply!
This role is to support Salesforce Platform, Enhancements or Marketing ETL team build solutions that support business requirements, contributes to stability of environment and develop processes for continuous improvement.
▪ Work with team for performance improvements and stability of current data model and ETL jobs.
▪ Provide analysis, design and development of business requirements.
▪ Collaborate with other teams to support product upgrades.
▪ Follow coding standards and best practices delivering quality code and documentation.
▪ Design and Develop ETL solutions per business requirements.
▪ Track batch related issues and suggest improvements.
▪ Generate reports and metrics.
▪ Performance tune queries.
▪ Work on ETL data configuration changes, server migrations.
▪ Support Informatica, Vertica, Teradata upgrades.
▪ Bachelor’s degree.
▪ Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
▪ Extensive experience using Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Cloud
▪ Current Teradata experience (Teradata version 12+)
▪ Strong Unix skills to maintain scripts
▪ Strong knowledge/experience of Data & Data Warehousing concepts and strong Teradata SQL skills, a must
▪ Strong ETL knowledge/experience a must – experience with SCD/Type II History processing
▪ Vertica experience is a big plus
Work from home 3 days/week in a normal set-up; with COVID-19 all work is being performed remotely.