BI QA Engineer
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in an IT (System Integration) consulting company or a software product development environment
- A minimum of 1 years of experience in testing Business Intelligence and reporting solutions.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience testing solutions on Microsoft platform Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Visual Studio Team services (VSTS) on multiple aspects (Build, Deployment, Work Item Tracking, Test, Test Automation, Performance Testing, etc.).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent attitude of adapting changes in a global delivery environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment leveraging and building offshore resources/teams across multiple time zones
- Functional/non-functional test planning and execution
- Proven experience of both manual and automated testing.
- Efficient Software Engineering skills, with the ability to use and understand a variety of languages and their associative programming techniques, including Python, Scala, SQL
Experience and knowledge of:
- ETL process
- Data warehouse and data model
- SQL scripting
- Automated Testing using Visual Studio, Selenium, etc.
- Web application testing including custom build applications, MS Dynamic CRM, etc.
- Data-Driven Testing
- Automated testing
An understanding of the following would be an considered an asset:
- Data-related services in Azure
- Data Bricks
- Azure data factory
Knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Reporting to the QA Manager, the Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for participating in the testing activities of the software to ensure the highest level of quality for these products. The QA Engineer will apply hands-on QA/Testing knowledge to the projects and follow established QA methodologies as well as be involved in other QA and project related activities.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a BI QA Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participation in the testing activities of the software to ensure the highest level of quality. Identify and report defects, verify fixes, work with development team to ensure defects are resolved. Open and close defect tickets
- Provide project and resource estimates required for the quality assurance effort of assigned projects
- Work with BSA’s and other project team members to understand project requirements, write and execute test plans, scripts and scenarios as required under guidance from the QA Manager and/or QA Team Lead
- Establish cooperative relationships to work efficiently with co-workers, and participate as a member of a Quality Assurance team
- Work with BSA’s, developers, project managers and/or QA Engineers to ensure that issues are identified, logged and resolved
- Able to lead major projects and provide training to the junior and intermediate QAs
- Ensure adherence to DH and industry best practices in Quality Assurance standards and processes. Identify quality issues and implement quality initiatives throughout the software development life-cycle