Technical Support Engineer (Italian)
Veeam is the global leader in Cloud Data Management – a trusted provider of back-up solutions that protect cloud data and keep the world moving. Our best-in-class product, a net promoter score of 3.5x the industry average, and our big-name client base provide the perfect foundation for smart, driven but humble people to win and grow their careers. We’ve retained the agility of a start-up where everyone is heard and supported, but our evolution into a billion-dollar company continues to bring new opportunities to be Veeamazing – all in an open, inclusive and diverse culture where our success means people can keep it real.Requirements
- Fluent Italian & English (reading/writing/speaking);
- Advanced user or administrative level with the following areas: Windows OS 2008(r2)/2012(r2)/2016;
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration/troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DHCP, DNS);
- As a plus, UNIX and/or Linux knowledge, VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange server administration, DataBase engines (SQL/Oracle);
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and explain technical information;
- Ability and desire to take ownership of client issues through resolution;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Modern office with free fresh coffee, fruits and snacks;
- Flexible benefits package which includes premium private health care and dental services for you and your dependents, transportation allowance, and parking;
- Wellness program including gym membership, massages in the office and company sponsored sports activities;
- An exceptional mature working environment with cool breakout & play areas and team building activities;
- Training and development opportunities to further progress your career;
- International environment where you can learn from multiple cultures working in the same office;
- Gamification (internal rewards and recognition achievement based system).
The Veeam Backup and Replication (VBR) is a reliable solution that lets us verify the recoverability of backups, recover instantly, and test upgrades in an isolated environment before putting them in production. The VBR technical support engineer is a trusted role providing technical assistance to fellow IT Professionals, using broad and in-depth troubleshooting skills and product knowledge to solve challenging technical issues.
We are therefore looking for candidates with great English skills and general knowledge of the following: Windows OS / Networking / Microsoft Exchange / Active Directory / SQL. VMware and Hyper-V knowledge is a strong plus.
In return, we can offer excellent benefits such as wellness program which includes gym membership and massages in the office, flexible benefits package which includes private medical for you and your dependents, dental cover and transportation allowance, an exceptional mature working environment with cool breakout areas and training and development opportunities to further progress your career.
- Performs troubleshooting and analysis, including log file investigation;
- Act as a technical focal point in relationships to fellow IT Professionals;
- She/he will take ownership of the customer problem or issue from the beginning of a support case through resolution. We troubleshoot on our end (in Veeam) as well as in 3rd party components from Microsoft and Vmware. We check if the issue is known or unknown, if it's a defect, if it's caused by misconfiguration, we correct it as break/fix scenario and educate the customer by explaining for the process and interaction works;
- Technical documentation of all customer interactions accurately and within SLA in our CRM tool.