Test Engineer for our Defence business unit
Are you passionate about quality assurance? Do you want to help develop software which is used in more than 40 countries around the world? Do you want to be part of a strong team in an agile, international environment? Are you keen to make your mark and improve the quality of mission-critical software solutions?
Your testing skills will make a real difference for soldiers in the field
As a Tester in our Defence business unit, you will play a key role in ensuring that we maintain high quality standards when developing and improving defence products for clients all over the world. You will be involved in the entire process from starting up the feature, preparing the test design and automation to verification and the final test. In other words, you will be involved both in the planning and the execution of test-related tasks.
As part of our SitaWare Frontline team, you will become very familiar with our products which give soldiers an overview of the field and the exact position of their troops. As a Tester in the Defence business unit, you will be involved in ensuring that soldiers are able make effective decisions in complex situations.
You will work closely with developers, architects, product owners and testers in an agile scrum team where you will share ideas and inspiration throughout the development process. In addition, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary testing team that works across all products in the Defence business unit and with whom you can share ideas and gather inspiration. Here, you will become part of an international environment with colleagues from both Denmark and Romania.
Here is a taste of what you will be doing:
- Ensuring high standards of test quality throughout the entire feature process
- Playing an active role in test automation
- Preparing test designs and participating in risk assessments
- Preparing and quality assuring test documentation
- Using our test processes and promoting testing in general
- Participating in all our many other test activities, such as system testing, bug hunts, field tests etc.
- You can expect about two weeks of travel a year to Denmark to strengthen relationships across the testing team and the team in the Defence business unit.
Passionate tester interested in automation
We envisage that you have a technical background or technical flair. The most important thing for us is that you have solid testing expertise and the ability to understand, analyse and communicate technically complex solutions. In addition, we expect you to have practical experience as a software tester and a strong interest in testing.
On a personal level, you are proactive and able to apply your skills to see the problems you encounter in context, and you can make any necessary improvements. You are passionate about testing and dare to challenge processes in order to ensure high test quality. You enjoy taking responsibility and gladly take the lead, and you can keep a sense of perspective while juggling several different tasks.
Finally, you speak and write English fluently.
It is a plus, but not a requirement, if you have:
- Experience with testing tools and techniques
- Used to work in bigger teams in an international environment
- ISTQB certification or TMAP certification
You will be working with the following tools and methods:
- JIRA, R4J and XRay
- Test design techniques
- Robot Framework
- We will, of course, provide relevant training and certification in testing and domains.
- Inspiring professional environment
As we work on security-classified projects, all employees at Systematic require security clearance.
An open-minded working environment, where we have focus on our employees and their wellbeing. Systematic in Romania is a rapidly growing company, which means that we are developing and changing.
Development & Career path
We challenge each other, our work processes, and our technologies to ensure that we retain our position at the forefront of development. Your professional and personal development is our top priority, so you will be able to take courses and improve even further.
In the long term, you will also have an opportunity to take your career to the next level. You can look forward to exciting day-to-day work in which close teamwork with customers and colleagues is essential for making a difference and delivering world-class software.
Above that we offer you
- Up to 23 vacation days, 21 days standard to which 2 more days can be added if you have more than 10 years of work experience
- 3 sick days per year for all employees
- A flexible benefit program - you can mix your benefits choosing from different kind of Services on a very dynamic platform – Benefit Online, such as:
- Lunch in Systematics’ canteen
- Private medical subscription - you can choose from 3 providers
- Private pension
- Meal or vacation vouchers
- Many more available on the platform
- We also offer fresh fruits and daily pastries which you can enjoy together with a cup of good coffee or tea on our nice terrace.
Since writing our first line of code in 1985, privately owned Systematic A/S has grown into an international software house with more than 900 employees representing 27 different nationalities and distributed across offices in 12 countries and with customers all over the world. Our goal is simple: To improve the world with exceptional software.
We deliver software and system solutions for customers within the public sector, the health sector, the armed forces, the police, the financial sector and the service industry, and we have over 1,000,000 users worldwide. We work on a foundation of trust, where we have the freedom and responsibility to make decisions in our daily lives.
We are dedicated to making a difference, and dare to challenge technology, each other and ourselves. As a new employee at Systematic, you will be welcomed by helpful colleagues, and you can look forward to both a mentor scheme and all the support you need. Together, we can develop and fulfil your potential and make Systematic even better.