Technical Support Engineer (Linux & Unix)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Veeam Software active
View all jobs Technical Support Engineer (Linux & Unix) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
Veeam is the global leader in Cloud Data Management – a trusted provider of back-up solutions that protect cloud data and keep the world moving. Our best-in-class product, a net promoter score of 3.5x the industry average, and our big-name client base provide the perfect foundation for smart, driven but humble people to win and grow their careers. We’ve retained the agility of a start-up where everyone is heard and supported, but our evolution into a billion-dollar company continues to bring new opportunities to be Veeamazing – all in an open, inclusive and diverse culture where our success means people can keep it real.Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Fluent English (reading/writing/speaking);
- System administration skills;
- Strong TCP/IP knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of Linux-based OS (booting, initialization systems, package management, kernel modules management, process management, OS monitoring, storage management, filesystems, networking, tools);
- Experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining services on Linux-based OS;
- Familiarity with Nutanix AHV hypervisor and related technologies (Prism interface, REST API explorer, aCLI, nCLI, ADFS concepts, KVM technology, NCC). Experience with VMware, Hyper-V will be a plus;
- Familiarity with Oracle database concepts (11g, 12c, and 18c, Windows and Linux implementations);
- Familiarity with Oracle RMAN tool and ability to use this tool for database backup and recovery;
- Familiarity with Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) concepts;
- Familiarity with SAP HANA database concepts;
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Familiarity with security concepts (firewalls, access control (SELinux, AppArmor));
- Experience with UNIX (BSD, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX) will be a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and explain technical information;
- Ability and desire to take ownership of client issues through resolution;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Modern office with free fresh coffee, fruits and snacks;
- Flexible benefits package which includes premium private health care and dental services for you and your dependents, transportation allowance and parking;
- Wellness program including gym membership, massages in the office and company sponsored sports activities;
- An exceptional mature working environment with cool breakout & play areas and team building activities;
- Training and development opportunities to further progress your career;
- International environment where you can learn from multiple cultures working in the same office;
- Gamification (internal rewards and recognition achievement based system.
We are looking for candidates that will offer support for Veeam Linux and Unix solutions.
- Responsible for handling new cases according to the Veeam Service Level Agreement (SLA); providing initial support, diagnosing problems and determining the need for escalation;
- Fortify client relationships focused on 100% customer satisfaction;
- Document all customer interactions (emails, calls, etc.) accurately and within SLA in our CRM tool;
- Ensure proper and consistent communication of issue status to customers, sales representatives and senior engineers;
- Perform troubleshooting and analysis, including log file investigation.