Software Development - internship - 1070229
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, our ideas propel our world faster. We’re an industry-leading technology company. And we’re accelerating everything we do. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, our technology and services help transform our customers around the world to become more efficient, more productive and more secure. They enable our customers to go further. And our employees to develop, learn and advance their careers. Ready to change the world? No one’s doing it faster.
Mission: We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Some of our customers run traditional IT environments. Most are transitioning to a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-friendly infrastructure. Many rely on a combination of both. Wherever they are in that journey, we provide the technology and solutions to help them succeed.
• You are enrolled in university and perusing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree, IT fields preferred but not mandatory. The final year preferred.
• You are analytical, passionate about technology and motivated to learn and grow
• You have a basic understanding of OOP principles & MVC design patterns and basic knowledge of SQL / NoSQL DBs, Linux & networking
• You have some exposure to full-stack Java software development, Java frameworks and application servers, Web Services (SOAP/REST API), responsive JS (Angular/Node/React.js), version control (preferably Git), Maven/Gradle, Ansible, SonarQube, Kubernetes/Docker/VirtualBox/Vagrant, Nexus, JIRA and/or other modern technologies and tools is nice to have
• You have good knowledge in parsing and manipulating JSON/XML
• You are dynamic, proactive, creative and with initiative;
• You are a strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to work well in teams
• You have a strong desire to learn and improve yourself
Software Development - internship
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our Communications & Media Solutions (CMS) business brings digital transformation expertise of over 30 years to telecommunications and media companies. We help communication service providers solve their most pressing business problems every day. We are driven to innovate, delivering solid solutions to an industry in constant transformation. We believe in the power of collaboration and building long term relationships with our telecommunication customers and partners.
Act – Innovate – Partner are the values we live by.
Sounds like you? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Software Development Intern to join us! Our engineers develop solutions using the latest technologies to ‘Make IT Simple’ for our customers. HPE is more than a hardware company, we are a global software development organization with a full suite of products ranging from an enterprise website getting millions of page views a week to a predictive analytics solution that can warn a customer of an issue before it happens. Our internship program will consist of onboarding training, one-to-one coaching with buddy assignments and interaction with colleagues and interns in different countries across the region. You will have the chance to be involved in certain critical daily operations, and also to take part in long term projects. We are looking for interns who want to learn more about automation, in the increasingly important role which it plays in the IT landscape today. Those selected will join us on
various projects and assist in areas such as: getting their hands' dirty writing code , creating new solutions, taking part in technical presentations and training, and much more. Depending on the project, you will also come into contact with SCRUM (Agile) management methodologies or Waterfall. We're looking for hands-on, technically curious individuals that want to grow their abilities as DevOps engineers in a large-scale, global development team with great opportunities to learn and develop. Piqued your interest? Apply today for this role!
The internship program will last 6 months, the start date being the 7th of June 2021. Our recruitment process will begin in January 2021.
How you’ll make your mark:
• You will build and enhance your knowledge in software development methodologies, principles and practices
• By learning about all facets of the software development lifecycle in a dynamic environment
• By performing development activities within the team, including but not limited to: developing new features, identifying, fixing and documenting bugs, participating in peer code reviews, contributing to team knowledge base (wiki), analyzing and designing software and configuration changes, ensuring quality, security, compliance standards are met
• You will gain exposure and grow expertise on a wide palette of cutting edge technologies while being involved in delivering business-critical projects
• You will work closely with our QA, DevOps, Software Development engineers and architects
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below.
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.