Structural Design engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Emerson Croft active
View all jobs Structural Design engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Architecture - Design active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Construction active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
We are a Silicon Valley recruitment firm that powers companies used daily by millions of users. We work out of offices on 3 continents, with the majority of us working remotely from home or coworking spaces.Requirements
1. Structural engineering degree from an accredited institution
2. Minimum 5 years of experience as a structural engineer in the residential or commercial space
3. Thorough understanding of structural building codes and construction standards
4. Experience working with a variety of structural materials, including metallic alloys, light metallic profiles, and composites
5. Ability to design basic structural elements in steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber
6. Proficiency in major calculation software such as Ansys, Staad Pro, or Etabs
7. Ability to generate 3D designs and layouts using AutoCAD or Revit
8. Experience with BIM software such as Navisworks, BIM 360, or Revit
Nice to have:
1. Experience designing structures in the US
2. Understanding of the differences between building regulations among U.S. states and cities
1. Conceive initial structural layouts based on architectural concepts
2. Perform initial sizing analyses, including Finite Element Modeling
3. Create designs that balance physical integrity, comfort, and cost-effectiveness
4. Ensure physical structures can be replicated repeatedly and withstand loads and pressures every time
5. Ensure that all designs conform to area-specific building codes
6. Develop calculation methods to solve specific structural engineering issues
7. Resolve any design problems that stand in the way of project completion
8. Investigate factors pertinent to mass-production, including ease of manufacture, tolerancing, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and cost
Seeking an experienced structural engineer to join a startup that wants to get every human being into a livable home.
Our partner company believes that people shouldn’t have to settle for mere shelter. Everyone deserves the kind of home where they can thrive. Right now, homes that provide space, comfort, and safety are individually crafted, time-intensive products, which makes them expensive. If artificial intelligence could cut unnecessary work out of the construction process, people who struggle to pay rent today could afford to own better housing.
As a structural engineer on a project in an unexplored space, you’ll have to be ready for the unexpected. You won’t just be using your education and experience to build homes — you’ll also need to apply your creativity to adapt cutting-edge processes from your existing knowledge. Experience with CAD and BIM software is a must, as is a strong understanding of materials, cost-effective design, and building codes.
This opening is ideal for a structural engineer who wants to work part-time and take on an exciting new challenge while increasing aggregate human happiness. You’ll get to blaze new trails in your field, while helping ensure that millions of customers have a safe and comfortable place to build their lives. We expect a lot of interest, so don’t wait. Apply today.