Every great brand stands for something and, at Vodafone, our purpose is ‘to connect for a better future’.
Vodafone is a leading telecommunications company in Europe and Africa. Our expertise and scale give us a unique opportunity to drive positive change for society. Our networks keep family, friends, businesses and governments connected and – as the COVID-19 pandemic has proven – we play a vital role in keeping economies running and the functioning of critical sectors like education and healthcare.
Working at Vodafone is all about helping people to benefit from the new technology and innovations. We bring the future to even the most remote places, using technology to help families in disaster zones, enabling access to digital for the vulnerable, connecting millions of vehicles to the internet and thinking about technology that doesn’t even exist yet.
Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. In Romania, we are also carrying a long history of firsts – first mobile operator in Romania, first GSM operator to launch the short messaging service (SMS) and first to offer GPRS (2001), 3G (2005), 4G (2012) and 5G (2019) services – and innovations: we offered world’s first live hologram concert and, later, 4K holograms of Romanian mothers.
We believe being different is good. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. We do this through our maternity and parental leave policies, by empowering women through connectivity and improving access to education and digital skills for women, girls, and society at large. We are respectful of all individuals, irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, culture or religion. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future.
At Vodafone, we are also taking significant steps to reduce our impact on our planet by reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025, purchasing 100% of our electricity from renewable sources by 2025, and reusing, reselling or recycling 100% of our redundant network equipment.
The future is exciting. Ready?
What are we looking at when we recruit?
· Experience of working in an IT team environment min 2 years
· Profound knowledge of methodologies and tools for analysis activities
· Planning capabilities
· Innovative thinking
· Professional attitude, excellent communication skills
· Experience in working with business requirements and detailing them into System level Functional Specifications.
· Analytical ability to ensure detail level articulation in analyzing and specifying of functional details.
· Ability to communicate functional level details to solution developers – to support transition, translation and development.
· Ability to quickly troubleshoot and establish functional issues in production, solution testing, etc.
What would help you to know:
· Knowledge about development, configuration and installation of technological systems.
· SQL knowledge and experience in one of the following data base systems: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
· ITIL Foundation principals
Looking at your daily tasks:
· Discussing, collecting and creating functional requirements from different business units to further transform them into technical requirements for the IT Systems
· Active involvement into design phase with solution architects, application vendors (where applicable), other system analysts, project managers and testing team
· Produces technical documentation for selection processes: requesting for quotation, requesting information, evaluating criteria matrix, integrating plans, knowledge transfer documents, and so on
· Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
· Owner and responsible of the technical solution: design, integration, performance, error management, maintenance, business continuity, etc
· Solution description sessions for testing and application operation teams
· Support for testing and operational teams for bug confirmation or other validations
· Validation for test scenarios during testing phase, approval on acceptance testing plan and on testing results
· Support on production deployments
Sounds challenging? We have some extra benefits for you:
· Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose couple of days per month.
· Dedicated employee phone subscription
· Annual Company Bonus
· Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel
· Meal Tickets
· Private Health Insurance
· Private Life Insurance