Join one of the most talented teams in Romania at our amazing office in the heart of Bucuresti, near piata Romana. Enjoy a rich range of development languages: Java, C++, C# .NET, Angular – together with QA, support and integration teams.Requirements
We are looking for a talented database administrator to join our awesome R&D team in Romania.
If you’ve read this far, then we know you are curious to learn more – and we like that!
So, if you’re looking to apply your expertise and well-honed DBA skills, and:
• are driven by curiosity,
• thrive on solving the most complex security challenges, and
• are looking for a unique opportunity to grow and contribute
• in an exciting and rewarding environment
then we want to meet you!
Your tool box
• At least 5 years of experience with Linux environment, RDBMS databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Willing to learn in-depth Sybase architecture as main vendor
• An individual who loves working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing your technical experience working with different database technologies that have serious big database challenges
• Knowledge of Sybase – Advantage
• At least 5 years’ experience with Oracle/SQL databases and Linux environment
• Experience performance tuning - Mandatory
• Great Shell scripts knowledge - Mandatory
• Good Python knowledge - Advantage
• Advanced English
• An endlessly curious mind
• Methodological, organized, independent & responsible
• Willing to travel abroad (3-4 times per year - maximum 2 weeks per trip; mostly Europe)
• Ability to learn and adapt fast to new vendors and technologies
• Availability to provide support when required
• Team player
• Open personality with great communication skills
• Willing to interact and collaborate with different interfaces from around the world
• Willing to develop in a very dynamic work environment
• Willing to mentor junior members from the team
• Willing to take ownership on all development projects steps after the onboarding period
• Optimizing queries performance on a large-scale database
• Optimizing indexes of large data quantities
• Monitoring and troubleshooting memory CPU and IO to solve performance bottlenecks
• Performance tuning
Why Cognyte is your perfect match
We’re a values-driven business with a strong passion for innovation that makes a meaningful impact on the world around us.
Our purpose is crystal clear: we deliver Actionable Intelligence in the service of a safer world. This purpose lives in all our people and guides us in everything we do.
We are calling out to the curious minds of the world, who are looking to break new ground and bring innovative ideas to life.
So, if this is you then we’re the match for you. And you’ll love it here because:
• We empower our people to explore, learn, and grow
• We develop cutting edge technology that makes this world a safer place
• Our teams are small, agile, and collaborative
• We have a global presence that spans every continent (excluding Antarctica), with development centers in Israel and around the world
• We provide many and varied opportunities for individual exploration and career development
• We have a vibrant culture where you can fulfill your bold ambitions
• We encourage creativity and personal expression
We believe that diverse teams drive the greatness of ideas, products, and companies. Whatever your race, gender, age, creed, or taste in music – if you’ve got the drive, commitment, and dedication to be the best, do your best, and work with the best, then come join us. We’re waiting for you.
We can work remotely when required for almost all roles and countries, and make every effort to make the work-from-home experience comfortable and productive for employees. And whether you’re working from home or in an office, your health and wellbeing are always our top priority.