Build & Packaging Engineer
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
Required Techincal Skills:
- Experience building Linux system/utility software from source
- Experience using Make/CMake/Autotools
- Understanding of C (gcc) compiler options and Clang
- Understanding of diffs and patches
- Basic Linux system administration skills, preferably CentOS/RedHat/Fedora
- Shell scripting skills (Bash)
Required Soft Skills:
- Ability to self-document
- Working effectively in a distributed team
- Experience building software packages for Linux distribution (rpm/deb/pkg)
- Experience building software packages for programming languages using language specific tools and libraries (for example Python egg/wheel packages).
- Experience with build process automation
- Knowledge of a programming or scripting language, preferably C or Python
- Knowledge of dynamic linking (and ELF format)
You will be part of a multi-national team of 50+ young passionate developers and testers responsible for the development of the next generation SDN (Software-Defined Networking) solution for Data Center networking.
The solution targets the Data Centers of large organizations, including private/hybrid/public cloud environments.
It is addressing the needs of users requiring an easier option than switch-by-switch, CLI-based approaches and can automate time-consuming tasks such as the configuration of L2-L3 network devices.
We are looking for a build and release engineer to join our DevOps team.
The SDN controller itself runs a custom Linux distribution developed by our customer.
Your role is to maintain the software packages which will be included in this Linux distribution, as well as developing the tools used for building them.
Your responsibilities will include
- Building source code and packaging it into RPM packages
- Keeping track of software dependencies between packages
- Upgrading and applying security patches for 3rd party dependencies
- Updating OCI (Docker) images to include the latest versions of packages
- Developing and maintaining the automated jobs building the packages
- Working effectively with several agile teams
- Linux (CentOS)
Reasons to join us:
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitious ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.