Junior Cloud Platforms Solution Engineer
Who we are
We create the technology to connect the world.
Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing. We adhere to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things to transform the human experience.
What we do
We are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience.
We are the heart of the connected world -- building extraordinary networks, devices, software and ecosystems. We continually reimagine technology to meet society’s many challenges and opportunities, making communities smarter and more sustainable, transportation safer, enterprises more agile.
We keep an eye towards how our technology impacts people -- putting them in charge of their wellness, experiences, choices, lives, and the way they collaborate and explore the world around them.
Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
How we do it
We have one of the industry’s broadest portfolio of information and communications technology, software, services and licensing.
We are different from our competitors in many ways, but one in particular sets us apart – we have one of the industry’s most comprehensive portfolios and the experience to match in Mobile Networks, Fixed Networks, Nokia Software, IP/Optical Networks and Global Services.
Experience in NFV, SDN and Cloud concepts linked with virtualization practical experience
Experience in Cloud Management Systems, Virtual Infrastructure Management systems and Cloud Infrastructure Management Systems
Technical and practical knowledge on Openstack, vmware, RHEL is key
Familiar with cloud scripting (YAML) and cloud configuration management systems recipes Openstack (heat), chef (Ruby), puppet (Ruby)
Knowledge on NOKIA’s CloudBand CBIS, CBAM, NCS, CBND, Nuage, is a plus
Experience in Containers, Kubernetes and Microservices concepts
You are personally committed to quality
You love working in a customer facing environment
You operate autonomously and are result driven
You take ownership and accountability
You have a Telecommunications/Electronics/SW/Computer master’s degree or equivalent through experience
Very high English proficiency
Up to 25% travel (flexible)
• Participation in customer’s projects activities related to Nokia Cloud/NFV/SDN projects
• Understand our customers and Nokia product functional and technical requirements
• Understand how Nokia products integrate into our customer’s environment
• Understand customization requirements that the customer will need
• Assistance as consultant in customer’s presentations, documentation and workshops
• Responsible for Low Level Design (LLD), with detailed architecture and design of the Nokia solution
• Producing Customer Documentation
• Participation in Deployment Industrialization process to shorter lead time and reduce deployment efforts
• Preparation and Execution of First OFF’s
• Preparation and Execution Proof of Concepts
• Upgrade and tests customer specific software/hardware before it is implemented to the customer’s environment
• Product and Application integration
• Perform solution-based install, configuration and acceptance of pre-architected solution, either remote or on-site
• Remote expert support for on-site integration engineers during installation, acceptance and diagnosis activities
• Integration Issue Handling during Deployment
• Develop enough knowledge on our customer’s environment to participate in customer discussion and facilitate integration recommendation
• Some travel to customer Sites to conduct troubleshooting, and assist with the migration, particularly in Production Environments
• Manage customer technical requests and regularly update customer on progress
• Contribute to the creation of common artifacts and tools for usage by the Solution Engineering community and lead knowledge transfer and ramp up
What does Nokia offer you?
• Market-competitive salary based on your skills
• 3 annual bonuses (Performance, Christmas and Easter)
• Meal tickets + extra food allowance
• Monthly reimbursement for Sport, Wellness, Culture activities, Kindegarden/After-school expenses
• Annual reimbursement for Dental/Eyeglasses/Lenses costs
• Public Transport/Private Parking monthly allowance or bike/electrical scooter annual cost reimbursement
• 24+ paid vacation days-off
• Flexible time and teleworking
• Private health and life insurance
• E-learning platforms such as NokiaEDU, Harvard ManageMentor, LinkedIn Learning etc. at your disposal for certified technical training and personal development
• Everyday Excellence – Employee Recognition Program (awards can be redeemed via our online store)
• Share in Success - Nokia’s voluntary employee share purchase plan
• Personal Support Service (PSS) – free access to confidential and professional support and guidance on a range of emotional, practical and work-life topics
• Events and conferences on technical matters but also on well-being at work and other general-purpose subjects
• Access to Nokia Garage innovation space where you can express your technical creativity and implement new projects with support from local community
• Relocation package for Timisoara non-residents
• One of the highest employee referral bonuses on the market so you can bring your friends too :)
If you want to take part of this adventure that will shape the future, join us. Apply now!
If you have any questions, reach out to Alexandra Rotaru on LinkedIn.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.