Category Purchaser for Stamped Parts - Purchasing TSR
The Category Purchaser is actively supporting the category management in the definition of the supply strategy and negotiation with suppliers to achieve best market conditions for Continental. Purchasing responsibility for suppliers in Europe for customized metal stamped parts.
* Conducts market analysis;
* Update yearly strategy with cross functional partners;
* Ensures Continentals requirements are reflected in the strategy of the category;
* Ensures in time implementation of correct data in the respective systems;
* Responsible for data maintenance and target achievement in the respective systems;
* Ensures fulfillment of requirements with legally binding contracts;
* Actively influence the sourcing process during development phase;
* Drive yearly price negotiations to constantly improve the cost situation of Continental Automotive;
* Track improvement programs with suppliers;
* Supports re-design to cost on project level and cost reduction programs.
* University degree in Economics, Business Administration or Mechanical Engineering;
* Several years of professional experience in purchasing preferably within the automotive industry;
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (programs and SAP R/3);
* Fluent Business English;
* German knowledge is an advantage;
* Stress resistance, conflict resolution abilities, assertiveness;
* Intercultural sensitivity beside good networking and communication skills.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2018, Continental generated preliminary sales of around i44.4 billion and currently employs around 244,000 people in 61 countries and markets.