C++ Multiplayer Programmer for Ubisoft Craiova
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
What you will bring to thе team:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent or at least ongoing studies in this area
- Good knowledge of object-oriented and C++ or C# programming languages
- Good analytical capabilities and synthesis skills
- A highly collaborative spirit & results-oriented focus
- Attention to detail, resourcefulness and plenty of flexibility
- Good spoken / written English
- Personal C++ or C# projects or internships are a BIG plus
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As a Multiplayer Programmer within Ubisoft Craiova’s Harbour team, you’ll be working on creating technology in the multiplayer engine, game servers, voice chat or matchmaking areas by developing C++ SDKs (with C# wrappers) that are integrated into all AAA Ubisoft games and support home consoles, PCs, and mobile platforms.
What you’ll do:
Using SCRUM methodology:
- Design, develop and test simple and comprehensive APIs that enable games to use the multiplayer features
- Maintain and enrich the SDKs features together with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with other Harbour teams
- Guide game development teams throughout SDK integration
- Optimize SDK performance
- Stay up to date on technological advancements to continuously improve our efforts
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- Links to your gitlab repos containing personal projects that you are proud of 😊
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.
Ubisoft has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992. Ubisoft Craiova opened in 2008 and has been an important component in strengthening its foundation.
The studio has experience in video games development and works on the production and testing of some of the most iconic AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon.
Ubisoft Craiova is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.