Mid-level Java Developer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Cognyte (formerly a Verint company) active
View all jobs Mid-level Java Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Join one of the most talented teams in Romania at our amazing office in the heart of Bucuresti, near piata Romana. Enjoy a rich range of development languages: Java, C++, C# .NET, Angular – together with QA, support and integration teams.Requirements
We are looking for a talented Java Developer who will be part of our R&D team in Romania.
If you’ve read this far, then we know you are curious to learn more – and we like that!
So, if you’re looking to apply your expertise and well-honed development skills, and:
• are driven by curiosity,
• thrive on solving the most complex security challenges, and
• are looking for a unique opportunity to grow and contribute
• in an exciting and rewarding environment
then we want to meet you!
Your tool box
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/software engineering or other related fields
• Strong knowledge of Java 5 – 8 (at least 3 years’ experience)
• Knowledge of OOP, SOA architecture, SOAP and REST APIs, Hibernate, T-SQL
• Strong knowledge in multithreading & multiprocessing
• Ability to quickly enter existing code
• Experience with WildFly/JBoss, Tomcat
• Experience with versioning systems (GIT, SVN)
• An endlessly curious mind
Nice to have
• Knowledge in Sybase
• Experience with EJB and Spring framework
• Experience developing desktop applications (C#)
• Team player
• Goal oriented
• Open personality with great communication skills
• Willing to interact and collaborate with different interfaces from around the world
• Willing to develop in a very dynamic work environment
• Willing to mentor junior members of the team
• Willing to take ownership of all development projects steps after the onboarding period
• Fluent communication skills in English
• Ability to travel abroad once a quarter
• Configuring, testing and modifying necessary applications for delivering requests communicated by the client
• Preparing internal necessary documents according to the Agile-Waterfall hybrid methodologies
• Ensuring assistance by practical demonstrations, presentations and providing specific configurations
• Maintaining the solutions stable and incrementally improve them by refactoring, adding more unit-testing support, upgrading third party libraries to the latest versions
• Focusing on developing and delivering simple and robust solutions while meeting deadlines
• Providing support to customers, old and new, and their needs, by tackling any issue that they report
• Creating a CI/CD pipeline, due to recently adopting TeamCity as a solution for this
Why Cognyte is your perfect match
We’re a values-driven business with a strong passion for innovation that makes a meaningful impact on the world around us.
Our purpose is crystal clear: we deliver Actionable Intelligence in the service of a safer world. This purpose lives in all our people and guides us in everything we do.
We are calling out to the curious minds of the world, who are looking to break new ground and bring innovative ideas to life.
So, if this is you then we’re the match for you. And you’ll love it here because:
• We empower our people to explore, learn, and grow
• We develop cutting edge technology that makes this world a safer place
• Our teams are small, agile, and collaborative
• We have a global presence that spans every continent (excluding Antarctica), with development centers in Israel and around the world
• We provide many and varied opportunities for individual exploration and career development
• We have a vibrant culture where you can fulfill your bold ambitions
• We encourage creativity and personal expression
We believe that diverse teams drive the greatness of ideas, products, and companies. Whatever your race, gender, age, creed, or taste in music – if you’ve got the drive, commitment, and dedication to be the best, do your best, and work with the best, then come join us. We’re waiting for you.
We can work remotely when required for almost all roles and countries, and make every effort to make the work-from-home experience comfortable and productive for employees. And whether you’re working from home or in an office, your health and wellbeing are always our top priority.