Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile American Greetings active.
Vezi toate job-urile AIX Engineer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms.
• B.S. Information Systems or related experience.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
• Minimum 3 to 5 years in a AIX Unix engineer role within a large organization;
• Hands-on experience in the design and implementation of IBM pSeries and PowerVM virtualization technologies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Flexible, positive and team oriented attitude;
• Strong written, verbal and presentation abilities;
• Able to handle dynamic and high pressure environment with focus on success;
• Demonstrate excellent analytical abilities and critical thinking;
• Capable of handling multiple project assignments independently;
• Extensive experience with AIX 5.x, 6.x and 7.x Operating System installation, configuration and upgrades;
• Extensive knowledge of Power 6 and Power 7 hardware;
• Advanced knowledge of PowerVM virtualization;
• Expert knowledge of HMC and Network Install Manager (NIM);
• Excellent understanding of SAN and storage virtualization technologies;
• Advanced scripting ability – KSH, CSH, Perl;
• In depth understanding of high avalability products, PowerHA, HACMP;
• Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking;
• Experience with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) is strongly desirable but not required;
• Experience with IBM System Director is strongly desirable;
• Exposure with IBM Websphere would be a big plus;
• Exposure to SAP, Sybase and DB2 would be a big plus;
• Experience or exposure to IBM Tivoli Directory Services/Tivoli Access Manager would be a big plus.
• Provide 24x7 supports for the enterprise-wide UNIX environment including daily AIX administration, problem determination and resolution, support a highly virtualized environment;
• Perform AIX and 3rd party software upgrades including planning, design and implementation;
• Assist with performance troubleshooting and analysis;
• Drive usage and adoption of advanced virtualization technologies provided by PowerVM and AIX Enterprise Edition including active memory virtualization, live partition mobility and WPARs;
• Provide both operational support and engineering direction on IBM Power hardware design including VIOS, network, storage and workload balancing;
• Establish standards and best practices to be used by the rest of the AIX team;
• Identify opportunities and implement process improvements based on automation or elimination of unnecessary administration;
• Provide technical design along with hardware and labor estimates to support projects;
• Provide installation and ongoing support of IBM Tivoli products;
• Develop and implement scripts to streamline ongoing management of the AIX environment;
• Work closely with the service delivery and automation team to integrate AIX processes into automated workflows;
• Remain current on the latest technology as new versions of Power hardware and AIX software are released;
• Participate in on-call rotation.
This individual will be providing 24x7 technical supports for a large enterprise Unix/AIX server environment. This hands-on Senior Unix engineer is expected to be heavily involved in planning, designing and implementation of multiple internal infrastructure projects as well as provide day-to-day assistance for system administration, operational support and problem resolution to the Unix Engineering and Support Team.
About American Greetings
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ 1.9 billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, SAP, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
• Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView, Cloudera – Data Warehouse;
• Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
• Java, Groovy, Selenium, Apium, Geb - QA Automation and much more;
We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.
To know us better, you can visit our website americangreetings(dot)com and our Facebook profile: AmericanGreetingsRO