Risk Officer Romania & Bulgaria
Over 70 years of experience and the most finely meshed international network have made Coface a reference in credit insurance, risk management, and the global economy.
With the ambition to become the agile, global trade credit insurance partner in the industry, Coface’s ~4,100 experts work to the beat of the world economy, supporting ~50,000 clients in building successful, growing and dynamic businesses across 200 countries.
The Group’s services and solutions protect and help companies take credit decisions to improve their ability to sell on both their domestic and export markets
OUR FOUR PRIORITIES
Attract talented people
Provide visibility to our staff
Recognise and reward performance
3 years’ experience in a similar role. Previous experience in a multicultural/international corporate environment will be a plus
Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Technical background in risk management/internal controls or audit
- Experience in Enterprise risk management / Operational risk management. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus (i.e. credit risk);
- Team player and good communicator
- Project management and basic database skills
- English + one local language
Maintain the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework for Romania and Bulgaria with additional support for other countries
• Support local management with implementation of and compliance with Coface enterprise risk management framework (policies, rules, controls in first and second line of defense (1st level and 2nd level)
• Work with the business risk owners to help ensure that risk responses are appropriate and effectively carried out
• Analyze trends in business risks, whether credit, financial, operational, compliance, strategic or regulatory driven and advising on risk management strategy to regional risk management
• Work with the country function leaders and report to the leadership team on the risk register periodically. This includes developing risk mitigation strategies for identified risks.
• Contribute to draft and amend risk management policies in accordance with local requirements
• Contribute to the definition, implementation and communication concerning disaster recovery and business continuity planning including control testing
• Ensure level 1 control are carried out results, shared with all stakeholders, deficiencies remediated and closely monitored
• In liaison with regional risk management execute “level 2 control testing” to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of risk management practices and level 1 control effectiveness.
• Reporting on the findings of “control testing” to country and regional management
• In conjunction with management, pro-actively manage issues which have resulted from “control testing” or from other sources such as audits, whether internal or external Governance and Regulatory
• Stay current with evolving developments as well as industry and regulatory changes to assist in the early identification of emerging risk issues.
• Maintain an active reporting line on key risk information
• Support country manager and functional leaders to foster risk culture
• Ensure HQ/regional instructions are well understood by the functions
• Escalate any issue diligently to region and promote transparency around incident and losses reporting
• Draft internal communication concerning risk management issues and ensure distribution through appropriate internal channels.
• Participate to a network of risk correspondents through ad-hoc tools to gather risk information and enable sharing best practices.
• Act as an internal subject matter expert and develop capability to provide the management and department’s assistance on any related risk management issues, as required.