Senior Software Engineer for BIG DATA solution
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our Big Data solution breaks down data silos by bringing together information from all Metro Group systems into a single location: the Data Lake. It opens up data to innovative use cases via the power of modern data analytics tools available to every employee. Multiple highly scalable services work together to make this happen: from streaming data ingestion and realtime analytics to data preparation and data governance.
As a Senior Software engineer in the Data Lake team, you will:
-Design, build and operate core components of our data platform enabling the product teams, data analysts and data scientists to autonomously iterate with and launch data processing jobs/models/reports into production
-Implement and maintain microservices and frameworks, from data ingestion to consumption, leveraging Google’s cloud computing platform. Such services may include, but are not limited to: batch and streaming ingestion, data governance services, data analytics & processing framework.
-Advise, provide guidance and set standards for engineers, data scientists and data users on consumption of platform services, pipeline development, and data storage
What we are looking for:
-Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science
-5+ years of experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python)
-Strong database experience (BigQuery, PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
-Experience designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code
-Experience with Google Cloud Platform
-Experience with tools such as Apache Kafka, Google Dataflow, Apache Spark
-Knowledge of continuous integration & deployment tools e.g. Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes
You’re a great fit if you:
-Have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, within a global, remote workforce
-Have strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving difficult problems
-Enjoy staying ahead of with technology and continually strive to be better at your craft
-Are an advanced English language speaker
- Subscription discounts for 7 Card, World Class;
- Life insurance (offered to all internal employees in case of death or total/ partial permanent disability);
- Health insurance (complex medical services covered without limitation; chronic and pre-existing conditions are covered, hospitalization, network of clinics);
- Prevention packages (packages negotiated with Regina Maria and Medicover - these subscriptions are paid by employees);
- Flexible schedule.
- “ Mobile work” - the possibility to work from wherever you have access to internet and phone;
- CO-WORKING HUBS IN BUCHAREST
- Development programs (Harvard), national/international conferences, trainings, e-learning platforms (e.g.: technical skills, soft skills, business, parenting workshops, English, design thinking wks etc.)
-Team buildings, Team events
- Bookster account
- Meal tickets (Sodexo Card -20 Ron/work day)
- Gift vouchers- Easter/ Christmas (150 lei)
- Private Pension Pillar 3 (our client will contribute to the employees’ pension plan with the same amount that the employee pays, limited to a certain amount per career level).
- 24 days of annual rest leave (if you are over 6 years seniority
- 1 free day for your birthday.
- Sabbatical leave.