Junior Project Manager - Environmental Projects
AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent education) in Ecology (Biodiversity is a plus) Environmental and/ or Environmental engineering preferable, from a four-year accredited college or university.
Knowledge of biodiversity related surveys and probe sampling is a plus.
Experience: 3 years’ experience in Ecology/ Environmental projects, preferable dealing with biodiversity aspects, or projects with significant Ecology component preferable biodiversity related
Level Specific Responsibilities:
- Basic knowledge of managing projects of modest size projects and/or may assist Project Engineering Managers in higher grades.
- Basic knowledge of working with Principal Engineers and Supervising Discipline Engineers to determine man-hour requirements and schedules for each discipline consistent with the project requirements and schedule.
- Maximizes billable work through scope development and timely submission of change orders
- Ensures that the correct charge codes are used for each project
- Prepares quarterly (or as-required) EACs for ALL Projects with support from regional operational and Project Controls staff
- Assist with the development of monthly and yearly bookings forecasts for their Projects
- Plans project staffing needs with qualified personnel.
- Plans and establishes overall design basis reflecting client requirements and good engineering and design practices.
- Plans and coordinates the technical activities among disciplines on the project.
- Monitors adherence to manpower estimates and schedules.
SCOPE: The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation and performance of engineering activities for the assigned project:
- Manages local delivery and performance of the assigned projects
- Ownership of all tasks delegated to Coordinators and other project staff
- Responsible for project communications with customer for the assigned projects
- Provides input to schedule for local resources
- Develops work orders and work plans for project tasks
RELATIONSHIPS: Maintains a close working relationship with Project Managers, Supervising Discipline Engineers, Principal Engineers, Chief Discipline Engineers, Managers of Engineering, managers of teams performing survey activities, and Managers of Discipline Engineering to ensure engineering performance.
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of project manpower needs and coordinates technical activities among disciplines.
- Able to organize remote team, working on site for survey purposes and sampling;
- Identifies and ensures compliance with regulatory, licensing and state requirements.
- Prepares and issues Engineering Execution Plans (EXP), and ensures that all necessary and appropriate client requirements, procedures and standards are incorporated.
- Compiles lists from each discipline to develop master document list for project.
- Works with Materials Management and Construction to develop subcontract and work package descriptions that are consistent with the contracting plan for the project, if applicable.
- Coordinates development of work-hour estimates and transfers information to Project Controls for preparation of engineering cost estimate.
- Cooperates with other departments in the company participating on the project.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings between Project Engineering, the client and other outside groups.
- Assures proper documentation of meetings, agreements, conversations, etc. that affect the conduct of the project.
- Coordinates the client’s engineering comments, approvals and requests with the functional activities of all disciplines.
- Requests the employment of expert consultants when deemed necessary for the project.
- Coordinates Independent Design Reviews;
- Reviews engineering performance on the project to ensure quality, conformance with conceptual design and completeness of engineering tasks.
- Promptly reviews Design Change Notices (DCN), identifies change order candidates, segregates cost collection and assists the Project Manager in pertinent aspects of change order management.
- Complies with company’s safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
- Fully understands the role of each functional area within the company.
- Conforms to company core values and assists others to adhere to them.
- Acts with integrity in all elements of responsibility.
- Expresses ideas clearly and listens effectively to the ideas of others.
- Ensures E&PS Dashboard compliance
- Ensures that SharePoint Trackers are kept up to date
- Manages compliance with E&PS standards and contractual requirements on their projects
- Facilitates integration of technical support teams into their projects
- Responsible for compliance with all AECOM project management requirements – QMS, DOA, etc.