Software Internship – Embedded Software for Automotive Applications - Firmware
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
- Embedded programming (ANSI C);
- General CPU/Computer architecture know-how;
- Debugging skills for embedded targets and low level software;
- English language (spoken and written). Romanian language knowledge is also needed.
A typical day involves at least one of:
- Interacting with real embedded engineers and work and during coffee breaks, using Romanian and English languages - attn: involves laughing, from time to time;
- Learning about a modern processor architecture;
- Writing embedded C code, perhaps a bit of assembly language;
- Brushing up on makefiles and python skills for automating;
- Understanding how to use in software a hardware communication peripheral;
- Getting skilled in using a debugger probe to study bugs and profiling information for embedded target device;
- Finally figuring out why architecting software is a must before jumping on heedlessly writing code.
By joining our team, beside an attractive compensation, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a high-performance team, who has already patented innovative ideas in the automotive software domain, in a secure, pleasant and dynamic work environment.