Software Internship for Automotive Security and Operating Systems
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs NXP Semiconductors active
View all jobs Software Internship for Automotive Security and Operating Systems active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
To ensure your successful performance in this internship, experience with one or more of the following topics is a plus:
- Programming practice in C for embedded systems
- General CPU/Computer architecture know-how
- Linux operating system or Real Time Operating Systems
- Debugging skills for embedded targets and low-level software
- Usage of Makefiles, scripting languages
- English (spoken and written)
A typical day involves at least one of:
- Interacting with real embedded engineers
- Learning about a modern processor architecture;
- Writing embedded C code, perhaps a bit of assembly language;
- Brushing up python skills for automating;
- Understanding how to program in software a hardware device;
- Getting skilled in using a debugger probe for studying bugs and profiling information for embedded target device;
- Learning why compliance with software process gets you faster to results;
- Finally figuring out why architecting software is a must before jumping on heedlessly writing code.
Both technical competency and attitude are important in our team, and you are expected to collaborate with local and global team members, to demonstrate independence in solving problems and agility in switching projects as per customer priorities, to be motivated by delivering results, to be assertive in supporting your technical design opinions, and to be open on the challenges towards achieving the expected results.