Senior Support Engineer - SOA Middleware
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Oracle active
View all jobs Senior Support Engineer - SOA Middleware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, empowers businesses of all sizes on their digital transformation journey. With 430,000 customers in 175 countries, Oracle provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Data as a Service.
Our mission is to transform our world for the better through innovative technologies.
• Minimum of 4 years software support/ customer service experience with products on Unix (Solaris, AIX, Linux, or HPUX) and Windows platforms
• Proven working experience in the following areas is a must:
Web servers and application servers ( ORACLE Weblogic, IBM Websphere, IIS, Apache, Jboss, Tomcat)
Java coding / J2EE/ Web services / Eclips
• Working knowledge of ORACLE SOA products (BPEL, BPM, OESB, OSB etc.) is considered a major plus
• Advanced troubleshooting skills in all areas above.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues involving platform performance under load.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to read and interpret stack traces and troubleshoot issues involving system and process crash events.
• Ability to read and analyze network trace data in detail to understand and resolve inter server communication issues.
• Advanced customer support and communications skills.
• Ability to read and interpret programming languages at a code level (especially Java).
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills.
• Able to multi-task and manage multiple technical issues reported by customers
BS Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience.
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems.
The Customer Support – Fusion Middleware SOA organization provides technical assistance for all ORACLE SOA suite products, to customers, partners, consultants and sales engineers, who are developing / running in production applications using the ORACLE SOA suite products.
Support Engineer will be responsible for the highest order of technical and political escalations in support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide customer and systems support of SOA suite software and systems.
• Troubleshoot and analyze databases, application servers and new technologies, with a focus on web servers and application servers (ORACLE Weblogic, IBM Websphere, IIS, Apache, JBoss, Tomcat), Windows and Unix system administration (Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP-UX), and Java Application Programming Interfaces (API’s).
• Interact with customers, partners, and software developers to provide technical advice and assistance.
• Work with Sustaining Engineering in prioritizing and resolving issues of the highest technical and political severity.
• Have the ability to analyze and resolve issues at the code level.
• Prepare other support engineers for support of newly released products.
• Identify and document product defects for Development Engineering and Sustaining Engineering.
• Review design specifications and external technical publications and provide feedback for product and document improvement.