INTERNSHIP CYBER THREAT ENGINEER @Betfair Romania Development
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Jobs from top companies in Romania active
View all jobs INTERNSHIP CYBER THREAT ENGINEER @Betfair Romania Development active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and exciting experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
- Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
- Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
- Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
- Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
- The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
- Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
The Cyber & Threat Management Intern is a member of the Paddy Power Betfair security team.
This role is responsible for the analysis of threat intelligence data and the integration of that data into security tools and processes. A key requirement of this role is the ability to collaborate effectively with other security functions to ensure that threat intelligence is being used effectively to enhance security defence and detection capabilities. This role will provide the successful candidate hands-on experience dealing with cyber-crime and exposure to a wide array of security tooling. They will be involved on a daily basis in actively defending Paddy Power Betfair and will contribute to enhancing infrastructure, application and data security.
The successful candidate should expect occasional travel to Dublin, Porto or London.
Detail-oriented with strong analytical capabilities. Comfortable reviewing/researching new topics and producing concise structured reports or presentations.
- Keen technologist with an active interest in security, cyber-crime and hacking news and developments.
- Good understanding of network security fundamentals.
- Good understanding of application security fundamentals.
- Good understanding of operating system security fundamentals.
- Coding/scripting experience (desired but not mandatory)
- Review attack activity in order to build attacker profiles and understand the tactics, techniques and procedures used.
- Perform research on defensive controls that could be used to counter existing or emerging attack techniques.
- Contribute to the development/improvement of security tools.
- Contribute to formal threat reports for management.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships within and outside the security team.
- Assist with investigations, incident response and compliance activities.
- Assess internal and external threat data and extract intelligence that could be useful in preventing or d
- Team player who brings also fun to the team.
- Strong analytical skills.
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Free breakfast;
- Sharesave scheme;
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Free parking;
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
- Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.