INTERNSHIP DATA ENGINEER @Betfair Romania Development
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Jobs from top companies in Romania active
View all jobs INTERNSHIP DATA ENGINEER @Betfair Romania Development active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, Data Engineer intern to join our great team of engineers in building high-end, high quality applications.
What you are going to do:
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work as an effective member of a scrum team - understanding and contributing to the agile delivery process, and taking ownership for your team's software quality from concept to production
- To ensure risks and issues are identified in a timely manner and effectively communicated with proposed resolution and mitigation strategies to the Data Delivery Manager.
- Write and maintain functional and technical specifications
- Analyse code for problem resolution
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Educated to degree level in a science or technology related field
- Competent with object oriented or functional programming
- Experience using relational databases such as Oracle
- Experience in writing SQL
- Experience in ETL/ELT/BI Tools
- Unit testing knowledge
- Knowledge of ML or analytics
- Knowledge of the online gaming/gambling industry
- Demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm for the software development process.
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
- Good English language skills
At Betfair, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Therefore, we value people who deliver a great service that directly benefits our customers. We look for five key values in our people:
• Relentless: Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
• Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
• Integrity: We take pride in doing what's right. No exceptions.
• Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
• Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.