Legal Counsel, EMEA Privacy and Security
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, empowers businesses of all sizes on their digital transformation journey. With 430,000 customers in 175 countries, Oracle provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Data as a Service.
Our mission is to transform our world for the better through innovative technologies.
Ideal candidate would have extensive knowledge of global privacy and data protection laws, regulations and self-regulatory guidance. Specific experience working as a privacy and security lawyer in-house or in private practice is a plus. Candidate will handle a diverse portfolio of products and services including but not limited to Cloud, Ad Tech, Marketing, Consulting, Hardware, ERP and Support. Technical security education or experience is not required but looked upon favorably. Candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and be willing to collaborate and discuss complex topics within a team environment.Responsibilities
Expected tasks include:
• evaluating new or evolving product use cases from a privacy perspective across a broad product portfolio
• collaborating with internal groups on a variety of internal projects, including cloud hosting operations, global information security, global business practices, product management, marketing and human resources
• evaluating product development initiatives to ensure compliance with privacy-by-design and security-by-design principles
• participating in due diligence in connection with corporate acquisitions
• responding to inquiries from government and industry regulators
• assisting in drafting commercial contracts, partner agreements, and internal and external privacy and information security policies.