Board Design and Manufacturing Intern
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
- Automatic Control and Computer Science, Electronics or Power Engineering student in the terminal or pre-terminal year.
- Analog and Digital Electronics.
- EDA/CAD tools, ideally Cadence OrCAD for schematics and Allegro for PCB Layout.
- Nice to have: mechanical CAD tool knowledge - ideally Solidworks.
- (Nice to have) Basic prior experience in interfacing with people from different cultures - we are a global team.
The internship will consist in:
- Product Engineering type reviews and improvements for existing designs: BOM, manufacturability, SMT and final assembly, etc.
- Mechanical modelling (some Thermal knowledge ideal).
- Occasionally assisting the Project/Program Managers (e.g. help manage a remote contract manufacturer).
General benefits for the selected candidates include:
- Working with new, cutting-edge global technologies and standards.
- Learning professional Product Lifecycle Management tools.
- Learning industry standard design and manufacturing flows.
- Hiring opportunity after the completion of the internship and university studies - we DO aim at converting our new colleague into a full time NXP employee at the right moment.
The Systems and Board Solutions group is a central R&D organization, part of the Chief Technology Office, which develops hardware systems for both internal engineering purposes (e.g. application or test/validation boards around an NPI silicon) and some external customer projects, encompassing Electronic design, but also Mechanical and Thermal engineering capabilities.