Student Intern - Compiler Development and Test
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
To be successful in this role you are or have:
- Working toward a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering;
- Experience in C/C++ development. Scripting language experience is a plus (Python, bash, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of compiler theory and compiler structure;
- Familiarity with software development tools such as IDEs, debuggers, git version control, etc.
- Knowledge of embedded systems programming is a plus, but not a requirement.
Furthermore, you have:
- An analytical and problem-solving mindset;
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including English language skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Work in a worldwide team environment to develop compiler tests for safety critical systems;
- Put compiler theory to practice by analyzing compiler optimizations and features;
- Develop test designs to cover compiler features and optimizations;
- Implement test designs and integrate them into the production test suites;
- Work with Machine Learning and RADAR algorithms as part of compiler test activities;
- Develop code on embedded SOCs for ARM, Ltd. processors and advanced DSP architectures using NXP Design Studio debuggers and IDEs.