Infrastructure IT Engineer for MA
Vitesco Technologies formerly (until September 2019) the Continental Powertrain Division, brings together the full spectrum of Continental’s drivetrain technology expertise. The company’s aim is to develop innovative, efficient electrification technologies for all types of vehicle. Its portfolio includes 48-volt electrification solutions, electric drives, and power electronics for hybrid and battery-electric vehicles. Furthermore, the product range counts electronic controls, sensors and actuators as well as solutions for exhaust after-treatment.Requirements
Required skills and competencies:
• Academic/Master Degree in Computer Science / Information technology or equivalent.
• At least 3 years working with relevant technologies ( Linux, Oracle and/or Data Centre Administration).
• Knowledge of Service Management principles.
• Knowledge of Data Centre Technologies.
• Manufacturing Execution Systems Experience ( preferable in Auto industry).
• Linux Administration (Installation, OS network and storage administration, performance and troubleshooting, scripting, backup, updates)Oracle Database Administration (SQL and PS/SQL, Installation, Administration, Performance, Backup & recovery, RAC Administration, Migration/upgrade).
• Application level administration (Start/stop, basic troubleshooting, Concept understanding, etc). (Prime, MQ Middleware).
• AIX Administration (Installation, OS network and storage administration, performance and troubleshooting, scripting, backup, updates).
• Knowledge of specific project management and software delivery methodologies (eg Agile, Scrum, SAFe ).
• Multicultural skills.
• Quality Orientation.
• English Language Skills – advanced.
The role drives the development of solution concepts that describe how Vitesco Technologies provides those services on top of the MIS platform. In addition, the role contributes significantly to the optimization, implementation and transition of the following services: "Infrastructure for MA", "Linux and Oracle DB", "Infrastructure for Cryptographic Solutions", "Middleware for MA", "HPC" and "Managed AIX".
The Infrastructure IT Engineer for MA supports rollouts, upgrades and replacements of the managed services in our global and local data centres. The role is also responsible for providing 24/7 support for the services in scope. Other key aspects are the incident management for 2nd and 3rd level support as well as the coordination and implementation of complex change requests.
Building a good relation towards our stakeholders is an important requirement. As a member of the team the role has the possibility to develop and implement own ideas, work independently within the specified framework and thus have a direct impact on the success of the future Vitesco IT as well as our business.
• Incident management under Follow the Sun - FTS (during week days and office hours) and Call on Duty - CoD (support on weekends and holidays) rotated among the team members.
• Incident resolution for 2nd level support of different infra components (Linux, Oracle, Middleware, Prime, HPC, AIX).
• Resolves incidents escalated as 3rd level support.
• Escalation management for 3rd level support issues with other team members and external providers.
• Properly route incidents tickets not related to our services.
• Work together with other teams and team members to solve incidents affecting our services.
• Follow up complex issues until they resolved.
• Change Request management for all supported services.
• Implementing standard changes i.e. supporting MIS updates, maintenances windows requested by the locations, infrastructure changes prior / during and after Application Updates, Backups on demand, OS and DB patches/updates, OS and DB configuration changes, OS user management.
• Lifecycle management for the supported services (installation, configuration, migration and decommissioning).
• Processing of special change requests and assessments.
• Operates and coordinates the services in scope for the team.
• Administration of Operating Systems: SuSe Enterprise Linux, Oracle Linux, AIX and HPC
Oracle Database administration (11g/12c/19c, Backup and Recovery, Troubleshooting, Migration, Patches and Upgrades).
• Basic application support and collaboration to resolve issues impacting production (Prime, Middleware IBM MQ)
Central Tools administration (Oracle Cloud Control 13c, Puppet Master, Spacewalk, Alerting Gateway, Keepass)
Documentation management (Creation, Update, Versioning).
• Troubleshooting and debugging of IT infrastructure DC problems and incidents.
• Coordination of rollouts, upgrades and replacements for the managed services in our global and local data centers
Ensure proper execution of the projects.
• Manage risks, actions, issues and dependencies related to the carve-out or other project concerned to the team.
• Build content for activities like kick-off, status and closeout.
• Lead meetings involving customers, Vitesco IT and partners.
• Regular alignment of requirements and communicate progress to all stakeholder.
• Plan and track all function deliveries and related activities to customer and internal milestones.
• Ensure that the documentation its being collected along the project.
• Supports team members on technical side but also motivate them to foster teamwork to successfully achieve team goals.
• Provide feedback to peers and supervisors to improve processes and communication.
• Elaborate high quality documentation for the appropriate services.
• Participate actively in regular global team meetings to share the status of activities/projects
collaborate with locations, business and other competence centers to translate business requirements into innovative IT concepts and IT architectures following our IT strategy.
• Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
• Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
• Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
• Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
• Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents;
• Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.