Software Engineer with Node.js (new center in Bucharest)
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
- 3-5+ years developing backend applications with API services;
- Experience writing complex queries for RDBMS such as MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, and DB2;
- Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB;
- Experience collaborating with a team of developers with varying skillsets;
- Experience with Agile software engineering principles and methodologies;
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins pipeline;
- Experience with Cucumber BDD framework, unit testing, automation and test-driven development;
- Hands-on experience with AWS Stack (Lamda, Kubernetes, Aurora, CloudFormation, etc);
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Collaborate with internal business partners and the team to analyze and decompose complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution;
- Collaborate with the team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories;
- Perform the technical implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration;
- Engage with team members and be an active contributor in standups, sprint planning, demos etc;
- Learn existing applications and enhance/improve code base;
- Complete design and development tasks independently;
- Capture and share knowledge;
- Analyze and develop specifications for the enhancement, maintenance, and problem solving for complex applications or system(s);
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of deliverables;
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture;
- Demonstrate capability to develop components through to production.
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. Our client's vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within the company, they have undergone some recent changes to simplify the organization to deliver on this vision. It will be a dependable partner to their businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. It will do so by simplifying the architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Software Technology for technology initiatives within Workplace Solution Data & Business Services technology stack. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey. As they continue to grow the business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to success and you can be a part of it.
You will play an integral role on a team responsible for the development, testing, and delivery of web/micro-services, APIs, and service layers.