Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs InCrys active
View all jobs Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
20 years’ of excellence | Tech expertise | Running mission-critical system | User-centric approach around agile multidisciplinary teams - We combine them with the latest digital innovation to help clients unlock value and thrive in the age of digital transformation, enabling clients to become high-performance businesses and creating long-term relationships by being responsive and relevant and by consistently delivering value, new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
Now one of the leading technology companies in Eastern Europe, we started out in 2000 as a family-owned-and-managed business. Foresight and an ongoing desire to evolve attracted partners and talent of equally bold vision, insuring our 4 years in a row place in the ‘Deloitte Technology CEE Fast 50’ and ‘EMEA Fast 500’.
InCrys owes the better part of its achievements to our active focus on people. We constantly invest in our employees’ training, professional development, and general work-related wellbeing. Our people-oriented approach secures our place as trusted partner and ensures our clients can always find the appropriate resources to empower their business.
• Proven skills and experience with Windows and Linux operating systems administration and troubleshooting (Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Linux)
• General knowledge and experience with networking concepts and technologies
• Familiarity with database and networking concepts, protocols, and implementations
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
• History of providing excellent customer service with both internal and external customers
• Basic programming skills
• Quick learner
• Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to apply and build appropriate knowledge skills and experience
• Able to contribute to strategic thinking
• Ability to work unsupervised and be proactive
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• UNIX / Linux shell scripting (bash, etc.)
• Storage SAN / NAS / Netapp
• Has used and understands ticketing tools and concepts
• General understanding of ITIL/IT Service Management concepts;
• Experience using RES – profile management
• Previous experience in similar roles
• Part of a global support team providing steady state support (Level 2 and Level 3) and production operations for VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) clients.
• Perform Level 2/3 Support for client virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI) based on Xen Desktop/VMware View solutions.
• Perform Level 2/3 Support for Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Perform planned off-hours changes per approved change/maintenance windows, as well as on-call support by rotation (predefined schedule) and off-hours interventions for high severity incidents as needed.
• Follow, maintain and improve the processes and procedures defined for the project assigned
• Maintenance of the Owned Infrastructure
• Solve the remainder of the problems not solved at Levels 1 or 1.5, short of defects in products
• Document actions in the record
• Perform root cause analysis when required
• Work with vendors (as appropriate) to resolve problems
• Assist in the use of supported products
• Recommend process and tool improvements
• Contact other support groups/organizations as required
• Interface with other systems, networks, and operating system environments
• Route and work with Vendor support when required.
• Provide documentation and training for the other team members as required
• Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
• Motivating salary
• Stimulating working environment
• Medical insurance
• Annual team building
• Opportunities to learn and grow your skills
• Gym membership discount
• Subscriptions for online benefits and learning platforms