We want to inspire people to capture the opportunities of a digital future and build a better tomorrow. That is why we are here.
Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. We are taking 4G to the Moon and using big data for social good to intelligent transport systems and emergency drones, we are still shaking things up.
Be part of a company which helps those who need it most. Whether teaching girls to code, providing connectivity to disaster hit areas or putting on our trainers and running for charity.
We believe being different is good. We’re proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural background, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religious or political belief. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Couple of years back, front-end developers were aware that their site would be viewed on a desktop and their logic would be controlled in a server.
• Work as part of a team developing applications and services using Agile development methods;
• Take part in an agile development process with iterative releases;
• Build customer-facing UIs;
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code;
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
• Implementation of security and data protection;
• Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.);
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system;
• Understanding and applying fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
• Comfortable with working with both internally hosted infrastructures, but also with cloud based solutions.
What are we looking for:
• In depth knowledge of Node.js;
• Hands on experience with HTML5, CSS3, and AJAX
• Experience consuming RESTful services;
• MariaDB/MySQL knowledge; SQL skills is a plus.