AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
- Experience with relational database design
- Cross-discipline thinking and communication skills
- Eager to learn new skills
- Some proven programming experience
- Analytical thinking
Desirable skills and experience, in decreasing order of importance:
- ‘R’ programming language
- Ecological surveying
- Design of Fulcrum data collection apps
- Excel or Access VBA programming
The data analyst will become a part of the data management team for EWC North & Central contracts, whose activities include:
- Writing ‘R’ code (on the Shiny IO platform) to produce relational database tables for GIS from our Fulcrum data collection system via an API;
- Create custom SQL queries to interrogate the Fulcrum database on demand, to support the Ecology and Assurance Teams;
- Updating and creating new Fulcrum apps for data collection;
- Investigating and fixing data errors;
- Creating checking tools and trackers using ‘R/Shiny’;
- Creating visualisations of spatial data using ‘R/Shiny’;
- Creating complex bespoke reports for inclusion in Natural England licence applications;
- Consulting on workflow and process with client and internal stakeholders;
- Supporting legacy Excel-based macros and templates;
- Creating and approving process documentation and specifications;
- Raising technical queries with clientsThe initial priority is for development of R/Shiny applications, but we are seeking ideally someone with transferable skills able to take on a range of the team’s activities.