Environmental Project Manager
AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate environmental discipline e.g. biology, chemistry, ecology, “environmental” engineering, etc is preferred from at least a four-year accredited college or university.
- Fluency in English is a must. Any other foreign language is a plus.
- More than 6 years’ experience in Environmental projects or projects with Environmental components.
- International project exposure in an work sharing environment is preferred.
- Good knowledge of project management.
- Previous experience in a work-sharing environment.
- Enough agility to manage medium to large projects, but also a very small to small projects portfolio.
- Skilled in working with different functions inside organization to determine man-hour requirements and engagement schedules for each discipline consistent with the project requirements and schedule.
The Senior Project Engineering Manager is responsible for the project team coordination such way to deliver the project/ projects by achieving established project performance criteria while respecting Company and Customer quality standards and job requirements.
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of project manpower needs and coordinates technical activities among disciplines.
- Prepare procurement plan to allow timely engagement of sub-contractors.
- Manage and monitor selected sub-contractors with respect of project performance criteria.
- Plan the manpower requirement for site survey and supervision activities.
- Works with Materials Management and Construction to develop subcontract and work package descriptions that are consistent with the contracting plan for the project, if applicable.
- Identifies and ensures compliance with regulatory, licensing and state requirements.
- Prepares and issues Project Execution Plans (PEP) and any other project procedures and documents according with Company standards and Customer requirements e.g. Project Quality Plan (PQP), Project HSE Plan, etc, and ensures that all necessary and appropriate client requirements, procedures and standards are incorporated.
- Compiles lists from each discipline to develop master document list for project.
- Coordinates development of work-hour estimates and transfers information to Project Controls for preparation of engineering cost estimate.
- Takes ownership for the project progress report for Customer according with contract provisions.
- Takes ownership for internal project report according with project type.
- Schedules and coordinates progress and alignment meetings between different project teams functions and Customer counterparts as well as between project team and different Company departments, i.e. Engineeering.
- Cooperates with other departments in the company participating on the project.
- Assures proper documentation of meetings, agreements, conversations, etc. that affect the conduct of the project.
- Coordinates the client’s engineering comments, approvals and requests with the functional activities of all disciplines.
- Requests the employment of expert consultants when deemed necessary for the project.
- Coordinates Independent Engineering Design Reviews by discipline engineering management of selected architecture, engineering and design documents.
- Reviews engineering performance on the project to ensure quality, conformance with conceptual design and completeness of engineering tasks.
- Identifies change order candidates, estimate the change impact and follow change management processes to allow change approval by External and/ or Internal Customer.
- Complies with company’s safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
- Fully understands the role of each functional area within the company.
- Conforms to company core values and assists others to adhere to them.
- Acts with integrity in all elements of responsibility.
- Expresses ideas clearly and listens effectively to the ideas of others.
- Ensures E&PS Dashboard compliance.
- Ensures that SharePoint Trackers are kept up to date.
- Manages compliance with E&PS standards and contractual requirements on their projects.
- Facilitates integration of technical support teams into their projects.
- Responsible for compliance with all AECOM project management requirements – QMS, DOA, etc.
- Ensures that the subcontractors used on their projects are AECOM and Customer- approved and subcontractor staff comply with E&PS requirements.
- Identify the skills gap in the team and put in place plans to compensate.
- Treats HSE as top priority on project, plan and act accordingly to allow complete adherence to Company and Customer HSE requirements, policies and procedures.
- Impose all Company and Customer HSE requirements to sub-contractors and put in place process to allow sub-contractors monitoring.
- Implement HSE project training procedure/ requirements for teams member travelling to site.