Community Engagement Specialist with German
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more about Jobs at Microsoft Romania and apply.
This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
Microsoft Community serves over 1 billion customers a year on Answers.Microsoft.com and responds to over half a million incoming questions in 24 languages.
Our aspiration is to create a world-class community that empowers and helps customers so that they can achieve more with their Microsoft products.
You will be joining a passionate team of community experts who create the strategy, standards, technology and cost-efficient operations that deliver that vision.
We are looking for a natural relationship builder with strong communication skills and a desire to connect with many people. This is a position that requires online charisma and character, but also an ability to be very understanding, exuding patience and positivity.
You will be part of a team that engages directly with community members to recruit, enlist, train, and facilitate quality content across eight languages. Fluency in multiple languages is essential.
Having the best interest of the community members at heart, you will make it easy for them to engage, be successful, and quickly find what they need. Your efforts will grow the number of visitors, monthly active users, volunteer contributions, questions, and answers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to speak and write in English as well as written skills in German.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to exercise data-driven decision making and derive insights from data.
- Experience in a complex multi-team, fast paced, global business environment.
- Be a self-starter, and team contributor, with effective follow-through on your initiatives
- Embody and imbue the values of the community to help us achieve our mission
- Nurture and engage our online community by creating and implementing creative ways to recognize them and their achievements
- Protect the community from members who don’t follow the Code of Conduct
- Recruit and train volunteer moderators
- Host monthly webinars with top contributors
- Identify and escalate bugs and feature requests by working with the platform operations team and setting expectations for users
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.