Build and Automation Specialist
We are currently looking for a Build and Automation Specialist to join the London Stock Exchange Group team. This role belongs to the Software Build and Configuration Management function, which is responsible for supporting the tools used by Dev and DevOps teams to control changes to the source code attributes, maintain software integrity and traceability throughout the software development life cycle and verify that the final delivered software has all of the planned enhancements that are supposed to be included in that specific release.
The Build Management function provides support for the Continuous Integration (CI) toolset. CI is used to apply quality control by running unit and integration tests, additional static and dynamic tests, measure and profile performance, extract and format documentation from the source code and facilitate manual QA processes. This continuous application of quality control aims to improve the quality of software, and to reduce the time taken to deliver it, by replacing the traditional practice of applying quality control after completing all development.
- Implementation and administration of: Atlassian Tool set, Jira, Bamboo, Crucible, BitBucket, Jenkins, SonarSource Sonar, Apache Maven, Apache Artifactory, Nexus, Ansible, AWS, Terraform, Packer and potentially IBM Rational Suite, ClearCase, ClearQuest;
- Provide technical expertise for the Software Configuration & Build Management functions toolset, processes and procedures;
- Develop and implement build processes and procedures for maintaining build plans, version control and defect tracking;
- Strong automation exposure using AWS, Terraform, Packer and Perl, Shell scripting;
- Propose and deliver improvement through automation and similar to Development, Test & Production work routines, processes, support tools and systems maintained by the Software Configuration & Build function;
- Take part in the creation and improvement of the services provided by the Development Support team;
- Provide “Best Practice” consultancy on all disciplines associated with Software Configuration & Build Management activities;
- Ensure that integrity of a release package and its constituent components is maintained throughout the transition activities and recorded accurately in the configuration management system;
- Ensure that all release and deployment packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified, and/or uninstalled or backed out, if appropriate;
- Ensure that change is managed during the release and deployment activities.
Required Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of the following:
- Agile SW Development experience;
- Unix, Linux, MySQL or Windows platform;
- Perl, Shell scripter, Python;
- AWS, Terraform, Packer;
- Atlassian, Stash, Bamboo, JIRA, Fisheye, Clover, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Ansible.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments:
- Experience on multiple pipeline.
The ideal candidate would be a Build Manger with experience supporting SCM and Build tools in a flexible, fast-paced organisation on cloud environments and extending on-prem as needed.
The individual will need to be positive, showing proactive and reactive qualities and be able to hold technical conversations with a variety of different user groups from Development to Management/Project Sponsors.
This position would suit someone who enjoys being part of a demanding IT environment and has ambition to succeed, shows initiative, is flexible, exceptionally organised, customer focused and motivated by a challenge.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
- 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Private medical insurance;
- Group life insurance policy;
- Meal vouchers;
- Share Purchase Plan;
- Volunteering Days.