Security Solutions Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Database Engineer to join our fast paced and dynamic team within the London Stock Exchange Group Technology Hub in Bucharest.
The Infrastructure Security Solutions team focusses on the delivery of Infrastructure for the IT Security projects for the group. The Enterprise and Security Services department supports Infrastructure Security Engineering as well as Security, Enterprise and Development tools for the group.
Key competencies and required skills:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 at administrative level (Installation, index and table maintenance, performance tuning, backup & recovery, patching etc.);
• Knowledge of programming in PL/SQL, SQL and PowerShell;
• Good Windows Operating System background on Threads, Processes and Memory Management (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory);
• Good knowledge related to any other relational DB (Sybase, Oracle) running in a Windows environment is very much appreciated;
• Good knowledge related to cloud environment like AWS, Azure is very much appreciated;
• ASM = automatic storage management;
• Database Patching;
• Performance Tuning;
• Support of critical systems;
• Experience of working in the finance/banking sector would be an advantage;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both business and technical level;
• Excellent problem-solving skills, able to think clearly under pressure and across technology boundaries;
• The ability to plan and manage work and present a clear list of tasks and time frames to management;
• Understanding of ITIL Service Framework;
• Security related experience is desirable.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days.