Part of an international team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing DevOps standards, processes and workflows for a multitude of financial Realtime platforms. You will have a front row seat in experimenting with the latest cloud technologies and tools. The team is currently working on developing and extending a complex framework capable of taking care of the development team’s needs, such as building, scanning, testing, deploying and releasing to the cloud.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working in the FTSE DevOps team, you will be responsible for delivering automated testing, deployment and help facilitate migration of on premises infrastructure to the cloud;
- Manage and configure all development and integration environments including tools like Jira, Confluence & Nexus, Git both on premise and in the cloud;
- Monitor the general health & automation of development environment;
- Install, monitor and maintain integration platforms across products and systems;
- Automate build, test, deployment and monitoring across all FTSE Russell systems.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Linux or Windows Administration with good experience in shell scripting;
- Experience with CI-CD pipelines and tools (i.e. Jenkins);
- Experience with source control (i.e. git, bitbucket, github);
- Experience in automation, monitoring and log management;
- Demonstrable SQL knowledge;
- Exposure to Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
And an appetite for the following:
- Exposure to AWS or Azure;
- Exposure to Hashicorp suite (Packer, Terraform, Consul);
- Exposure to Ansible;
- Experience with software development in a well-known language (i.e. Java, Groovy, Python);
- Experience with financial markets;
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers