Software Solutions Developer
About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC unleashes industrial innovation with award-winning, market-proven solutions that enable companies to differentiate their products and services, improve operational excellence, and increase workforce productivity. With PTC, and its partner ecosystem, manufacturers can capitalize on the promise of today’s new technology to drive digital transformation.
Your Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven working experience in Java development;
- Experience working with databases – PostgreSQL / SQL Server / Oracle / MySQL;
- Communicative and collaborative attitude;
- Good English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Azure Cloud or AWS;
- Experience with Virtual Machines, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience with embedded or mobile devices;
- Previous practice with continuous integration systems (examples: Teamcity/Jenkins, Artifactory).
The day-to-day activities are various, and each day has unique challenges. Routine is not part of our work.
Daily activities include:
- Develop software applications for specific customer IOT use cases;
- Design and build generic solutions for various industries;
- Advise and guide partner companies to best use our technology;
- Enhance our IOT platform by creating new backend, front-end and integration software components;
-Learn and practice cutting edge technologies every day
- Deliver tailored demos to customers;
- Advise and guide partner engineers;
- Answer technical question from the customer (RFx);
- Team with other software engineers in the company to build generic solutions for various industries;
- Add new features to the platform by creating new backend and front-end software components.
The team is a Center of Excellence based in Bucharest part of the Digital Transformation Group, the newest strategic initiative in PTC with the purposes to:
- Create generic IOT solutions for various industries (manufacturing, automotive, logistics, med devices, transportation etc.) to bring added value on top of the PTC IOT platform – ThingWorx.
- Work on IOT and AR projects for customers from Europe (mainly from France, UK, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Spain) Middle East and Israel to prove the quality and capabilities of PTC software in the sales process (PoC, pilots) and in production (roll-out) implementations.
The team is composed of software developers and web designers that work in a collaborative environment, helping each other and using the latest technologies for web development.
Examples of customers that we work for: BMW, Jaguar, Airbus, Rolls Royce, Ericsson, Nokia, Vodafone, Volvo, SKF, Rockwell, Novo Nordisk, Nestle, Carlsberg etc.
The position plays a key role in the sales process of IOT solutions by PTC or its partners. The engineer will engage to develop applications to prove the value of ThingWorx platform (the IOT platform of PTC) to the customers.
You will work in joint project teams with colleagues from various countries like Romania, USA, France, UK, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, India and will have the opportunity to learn from each other and contribute with your ideas and innovative proposals.
Our developers and architects are exposed to a wide range of software products and platforms and we encourage them the learn and grow as professionals.