Linux Team Lead
OC Prod is a consulting company in Management and Organization, founded in 2005 in Romania, which currently operates in 6 countries on 4 continents (Canada, Morocco, France, Romania, Vietnam, China).
OC Prod is an international recruitment agency, specialized in areas such as engineering, medical, retail. IT, Finacial, BPO etc.
We are involved, together with our clients, who are also our partners in developing and implementing projects.
• Experience working in Linux environment (Debian distributions)
• Basic SQL and database knowledge
• Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
• Must have experience working with end users and supporting development teams in resolving issues
• Good communication verbal and writing skills, including report writing
• Resolving technical requests and issues and propose solutions
• Familiar with job scheduling tools: Cron and experience with application monitoring tools
• Working knowledge of the IT management and/or Cloud management domains
• Flexible working hours (working in shifts)
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
• Experience with networking technologies and concepts including load balancing, firewalls, routing and switching networking.
Preferred Skills/Nice to have/it would be a plus
• Experience in Telecom
• Fundamental understanding of GSM, SMPP protocols
• Understanding of cloud native architecture principles and familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Fast Learner
• Knowledge of basic telecom/network management and monitoring tools
• Apache web server
Good to know in Linux:
Understand and use essential tools
-Access a shell prompt and issue commands with correct syntax
-Use grep and regular expressions to analyze text
-Access remote systems using SSH
-Archive, compress, unpack, and uncompress files
-Locate, read, and use system documentation
Operate running systems
-Identify CPU/memory intensive processes and kill processes
-Locate and interpret system log files and journals
-Start, stop, and check the status of network services
Configure local storage
-Create and remove physical and logical volumes
-Add new partitions and logical volumes, and swap to a system non-destructively
-Diagnose and correct file permission problems
Deploy, configure, and maintain systems
-Schedule tasks using at and cron
-Start and stop services and configure services
-Install and update software packages
Manage users and groups
-Create, delete, and modify local user accounts
-Change passwords and adjust password aging for local user accounts
-Create, delete, and modify local groups and group memberships
-Configure superuser access
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Leads a team of Linux Engineers that provide expert operating system support, and quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values.
• Communicates expectations, assignments and responsibilities clearly and professionally.
• Oversees team member work for quality assurance and process compliance.
• Mentors to other staff members to broaden technical expertise across the team. Answer team member questions, assist with team member problems, and act as an escalation point for complicated or critical production issues.
• Conducts regular team meetings to update team on best practices, process changes, and continuing expectations.
• Plans, installs, and provides daily operational support for managed customer Linux environments
• Ensure timely resolution of high severity incidents, including communications, reporting, and tracking of follow-ups.
• Collaborates closely with other operations teams and architecture to efficiently resolve service incidents, ensuring service availability levels are met
• Provides first level trouble resolution.
• Solves simple or repetitive problems.
• Respond to the customer by email and/or phone within our targeted initial response times, to either resolve the issue or request further information/clarification regarding the issue
• Performs implementation tasks for systems and networks under supervision.
• Performs system and network upgrade tasks under supervision.
• Monitors and manages relevant platform technologies.
• Ability to work well autonomously and be a self-starter
• Drives Root Cause Analysis for major issues
• Drive tasks to completion with minimal supervision
• Document operations, installation, work instructions and troubleshooting
• Computer proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)