Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Dek-Co (UK) Ltd. Sucursala Bucuresti is operating since 2017 in Romania, as the local Branch of the payment institution Dek-Co (UK) Ltd. established in 2009 in United Kingdom.
We offer payment services worldwide for both companies and individuals and we are constantly expanding both internationally and locally.
Our expansion is facilitated and possible due to our advantages such as: financial stability, innovative technology, modern office spaces and a diverse, motivated and always friendly team of colleagues.
We are currently looking for new colleagues to actively participate in the further development of the services offered to our clients and partnerships that allow us to be a sustainable Fintech in the long term.
For us thе ideal candidate has:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably financial profile;
• At least two years’s Experience in a similar position in the financial services industry;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic growing job environment;
• Creative and results oriented, with the desire for self-development;
• Fluent in English.
• Monitoring the finаncial аnd bаnking market rеgаrding frаud еvents;
• Managing the control systems for fraud events;
• Identify the type of frаud in thе dаtаbasе;
• Ability to identify, escalate and communicate issues to management in an effective and succinct manner;
• Analyze a queue of alerts and cases ensuring timely follow up of requests and adherence to escalation procedures;
• Monitor account and card activity for suspicious transaction using all available control tools, in accordance with risk best practice, policies and internal risk matrices and rules;
• Complete monthly risk activity status reports for Chief Compliance Officer;
• Prepare suspicious transaction cases and escalate to the following positions to ensure group wide “need to know” and alert, and for investigation of potential activity:
- KYC, for updated documents,
- Account Monitoring, for closer scrutiny of the account relationship,
- Country specific position responsible for the customer account, for investigation and decisioning;
• Perform periodic checks to calculate and report compliance risk indicators to leadership;
• Constantly update and maintain an effective AML / CFT risk monitoring strategy, policies and procedures and industry best practice, in accordance with group standards and requirements;
• Analyzes legislative changes and informs departments involved;
• Follow the implementation of legislative changes;
• Any other associated duties required from time to time to meet the departmental responsibilities and goals.
• A dynamic and social environment;
• Attractive salary package;
• Private medical insurance;
• Great office view and location