Cyber Security Engineer
ALTEN Romania, part of the international ALTEN Group - with a unique position as Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems since 1996. The company comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER.Requirements
This job can be for you if you have:
• Proven work experience as a system security engineer;
• Strong working knowledge of security fundamentals including authentication, authorization and applied cryptography;
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols;
• Familiarity with data privacy and sovereignty regulations;
• Experience with compliance & certification programs such as NIST, FedRAMP, PCI, and SOC;
• Experience using common penetration testing tools, BurpSuite, Metasploit, etc;
• Familiarity with secure development lifecycle practices and working with Engineering for the proactive integration of security into the development process;
• Advanced knowledge of security operations, including the ability to build tools that assist in the automation of security tasks;
• Understanding of threat landscape including code and OS vulnerabilities;
• Experience with Linux OS and Linux security assessment tools;
• Programming knowledge, ideally Python;
• Experience in building and maintaining security systems;
• Bug bounty program experience would be a nice-to-have;
• Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security;
• Experience with network security and networking technologies and network monitoring tools;
• Experience with network architecture, routing, network protocols and at least one area of strong technical experience in: network engineering, system administration, application development, or database administration.
We have the following project that might interest you: Cyber Security Engineer
As a member of Research and Development team, you will ensure that products are secure and meet security standards. You’ll extend your practical experience on cyber security, learning or extend knowledge of Secure Development Lifecycle best practices.
A typical day might include the following:
• Supporting the System development lifecycles in execution of daily tasks including, but not limited to user/system security requirements analysis and testing;
• Participating in Cyber Risk Assessment related activities to include Risk Management Framework, Vulnerability Scanning, script/app development, and similar activities;
• Identifying and assessing all threat vectors impacting our product;
• Engineering, implementing, and monitoring security measures for the protection of our products. The development and implementation of processes is also a central aspect of the role, as well as ensuring all compliance requirements are met.
Other Requirements (Competencies):
• Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, computer science or a closely related field;
• Excellent presentation and communications skills combined with the ability to work in a team environment;
• Ability to write technical reports and communicate technical content to non-technical audiences;
• Experience managing multiple projects at a time and prioritize;
• Good English communications skills.