This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Emerson Croft active
View all jobs DevOps Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are a Silicon Valley recruitment firm that powers companies used daily by millions of users. We work out of offices on 3 continents, with the majority of us working remotely from home or coworking spaces.Requirements
1. DevOps or related technical experience of 3-5 years
2. Linux command line and shell scripting
3. Configuration management and supporting tools, e.g. Ansible
4. Source code management with Git and usage of GitLab
5. Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) tools
6. Experience with cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and/or Microsoft Azure
7. Ability to work with minimal or no supervision on multiple concurrent complex projects
8. Core understanding of various stages in the software development life cycle — development, test, pre-production, production, etc.
9. Troubleshooting and familiarity with configuring PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ, and Cassandra
10. Experience with Apache Hadoop
Nice to haves:
1. Passion for building automation to reduce manual tasks
2. Solid understanding of networking, storage, and sysadmin best practices
1. Continuously enhance software development infrastructure — continuous integration and delivery, databases, cloud services, systems monitoring
2. Consult developers on infrastructure configuration issues — OS performance optimization, network bottlenecks, storage configuration
3. Diagnose and support complex systems
4. Participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot issues
5. Mentor junior colleagues and encourage their growth and knowledge of infrastructure
We’re looking for fiercely independent and self-motivated people who can thrive in the comfort of their own work-space, on their own hours.
Our company culture is intense, but professionally and personally rewarding. You’ll own tasks, be expected to contribute ideas at a high level, and execute. And our remote setting allows you to spend less time in meetings and more time doing the things you love.
If you’re highly motivated, versatile, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!