Senior Linux C++&Python developer
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
• low-level programming experience, close to the computer system and OS architecture (Linux)
• C/C++ programming experience
• Experience with Python
• Good knowledge of Linux OS
• Good knowledge of basic networking principles and Linux networking
• Experience with embedded programming (Linux, VxWorks is a plus)
•Computer Systems technology stack experience:
Linux services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, NFS, Telnet, RSyslog),
Linux boot procedure (PXE, DVD, KERNEL, INITRD, INIT-SCRIPTS), VLAN, SerialOverLAN - Console, VNC
Sockets: TCP, UDP
Packaging: rpm, yum
Tools: netstat, tcpdump, iperf, lsof
Debugging: valgrind, pylint, gdb, strace
Language: Python, C/C++, BoostLib
Linux App: Collectd, Monit, Logrotate, Systemd
• Experience with formal software quality through code review, static code analysis, unit testing, test automation
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• A passion for programming and software engineering
• Experience or proven ability in computational algorithms
• Experience or proven ability in technical specifications
• Experience or proven ability in designing complex software architecture
Nice to have
•English: A2 Elementary
Founded in 1984, Our Client is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. The client has its R&D and manufacturing operations in Connecticut. Luxoft is currently searching to augment the Development & Engineering Department with a talented software engineer to design and implement embedded software for systems among the highest precision ever produced in the world.
As a software engineer at the client site, you will be working on complex algorithms and application software. You will be working with electrical engineers, mechatronic engineers and system engineers to define the software requirements. After that, you will be making a software design and document it using UML. All this is discussed and reviewed with your software team. A team of about 10 people consisting of a team leader, a Software Architect, a few Senior developers and a few junior Developers. After your sw design is approved you are responsible for implementing the design in C for existing modules and C++ for new modules. A single module is roughly a 100.000 lines of code. Auto and unit testers are written in Python. After that is all reviewed you can go ahead and download the code to one of our lithography machines (which vary in price between 5 and 100 million dollars) and test the code. During the testing, you will collect the necessary data so you can write a test report. This test report is then reviewed and when it is approved your software will be released. In a matter of days, our customers will now be running with your software. The development environment is Red Hat Linux, execution environment is Wind River Linux. The software release driving a client machine is 40 million lines of code. The client sw teams work in various modes such as optimized waterfall model, Agile and concurrent engineering.
Reasons to join us
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitions ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.