IoT Technical Support Engineer
About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC unleashes industrial innovation with award-winning, market-proven solutions that enable companies to differentiate their products and services, improve operational excellence, and increase workforce productivity. With PTC, and its partner ecosystem, manufacturers can capitalize on the promise of today’s new technology to drive digital transformation.
Your Skills and Knowledge:
• Objective, concise and customer facing communication skills;
• Knowledge of Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL RDBMS and ANSI SQL, non-SQL DBs like InfluxDB, Cassandra;
• A good understanding of IoT infrastructure, such as network communications, mobile equipment technology, cloud services, especially Microsoft Azure Cloud;
• A sound understanding of web services development including use of a REST API;
• An understanding of IoT hardware sensors, devices, machines, or industrial PLC’s and their respective network communication protocols;
• Fluent English is mandatory; German, French, another language is a plus.
• You will tackle multiple issues in parallel and solve complex technical issues;
• You must be comfortable in a technical environment and be able to discuss complex product behavior/features with customers and possess a demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems;
• You will create and publish knowledge articles for re-use by customers and PTC employees.
• You will work as a member of a global team providing support to PTC’s customers;
• As a member of our global support organization, you will be collaborating with support colleagues worldwide in providing world-class technical support to all clients. You will work closely with services and account teams to ensure all issues are handled effectively to meet sales and services goals.
• You will help customer in their digital transformation journeys (aka Industrial IOT, Smart Factories, Smart City etc.);
• You will provide product and application support services to our IOT customers and Partners.