Legal Counsel with German
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
In our specific business unit, Wolters Kluwer Governance, Risk and Compliance we possess deep insight into the industry, providing governance, risk and compliance programs and solutions to more than 15,000 financial services organizations worldwide. More than 400 in-house experts - former regulators and compliance officers, risk analysts, lawyers and financial industry specialists – embed their knowledge and expertise in every service or solution so that financial organizations can be confident they are managing their organization's Finance, Risk and Regulation needs effectively. Despite rapidly changing industry conditions, financial organizations can rest assured knowing that Wolters Kluwer is able to invest and quickly respond to market needs, with financial stability for the long term.
Qualifications and Skillset:
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Master degree in contract law is a plus
- Experience 3-5 years, preferable in contract law
- Experience that provide knowledge and exposure to understand legal fundamental theories, principles and concepts
- Detail oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory
- Able to work both independently and in a team
- Contract management: work closely with the salespeople, under the supervisions of the Senior Legal Counsel, on drafting and negotiation process for global license, support and services contracts, using the Contract Management System.
- Conduct contract negotiation with the worldwide customers.
- Draft templates and various documents: play a key role in assisting with drafting of different templates and various documents.
- Assist with the necessary legal researches.
- Archive contracts and other legal documents.
- Provide routine legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations and privileges of the organization.
- Resolve less complex business or technical issues by identifying legal solutions and recommending a course of action.
- May represent the organization to customers, suppliers, competitors and government agencies.
- Perform research and assists in preparing legal documents prior to execution to accurately express company intent.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
- Study current legal publications from legal reporting services and advises management of changes