Exchange Online Support Engineer with French or German
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more about Jobs at Microsoft Romania and apply.
This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft’s customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers.
You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) solving high level complex, and potentially politically charged problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; this may also include support of additional product lines. The role requires an excellent communicator and service oriented professional, daily demonstrating the CARE behaviors; Communicate Effectively, be Accountable, be Resourceful and Empathic.
- 2+ years in a customer facing service role in any capacity
- English Language: fluent in reading, writing and spoken
- Bilingual – French, German
Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the System Engineer level; exceptional customer service, overall communication and technical writing skills. Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level; Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of regional team of engineers; Demonstrated aptitude for providing exceptional customer service in politically charged environments; Ability to enhance the technical expertise of peers via the development of product training, mentoring of new hires, and team content development; Ability to apply technology to improve existing products and systems at customers and for internal use; Ability to actively participate in team support by proposing and implementing solutions;
- Deep understanding in Exchange architecture
- Deep troubleshooting skills with Exchange
- Experience with Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
- Design, administration and/or support experience with Exchange On-Premise and Exchange Online environments.
- Experience with Migrations to Exchange On Premise to Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting skills with Exchange Transport and Client Access
- Troubleshooting experience with Devices syncing.
- Experience with Exchange Disaster Recovery scenarios
- Deep understanding of Active Directory and DNS
Please note that working hours might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are infrequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed and may require some on-call rotation.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Act as a technical focal point where needed with other 3rd party companies
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.