SQL Server on VM Support Engineer
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more about Jobs at Microsoft Romania and apply.
We are looking for people who:
• Enjoy providing the highest level of customer experience;
• Are smart and intellectually curious;
• Seek a challenging work experience;
• Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field;
• Enjoy working at a growth company with advancement opportunities;
• Can work hard while having fun; and act in an honest and ethical manner; possess strong organizational, time management and negotiation skills;
• Possess strong working knowledge of German and/or French on top of English (verbal and written) language.
The ideal candidate will be required to have a Technical Degree or adequate practical background (2-5 years) on the following Technologies:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 at administrative level (Installation, index and table maintenance, backups etc.)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 at dev level (SQL language, Stored Procedures, etc.)
• Good Windows Operating System background on Threads, Processes and Memory Management (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory)
• Strong knowledge related to any other relational DB (eg Oracle) running in a Windows environment is very much appreciated
• General knowledge about Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines, and Microsoft Infrastructure Services. Azure Identity and Security is a plus.
• Additional skills on one of the following technologies will be considered a big plus
o Windows Clustering
o Debugging / Creating and Reading memory Dumps
o Basic Programming skills with Python, R, C# or VB.Net
o Good Knowledge of .Net Framework
• A Microsoft certification (MCSE or MCSD) is also considered a plus.
The SQL Engineer is a trusted advisor to fellow IT Professionals, using their technical skills to solve high level complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will also require a customer oriented mindset. You will have a chance to be involved in troubleshooting various environments for some of the world’s largest companies.
• Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
• Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
• Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences while ensuring High customer satisfaction.
• Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues.
• Use trace analysis, debug skills and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.