IBM Internship - Oracle Middleware Specialist
|Angajator:||IBM Client Innovation Center Central & Eastern Europe (CEE)|
|Nivel job:||0 - 1 an experienta|
IBM Client Innovation Center Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) was established in 2012 by joining several centers in Europe. The Delivery Center is part of a global network of 80 similar centers and uses the best IBM methods of work, global processes and techniques. The center has achieved CMMI Level 5 (Capability Maturity Model Integration) and its mission is to provide customers with software solution customized to their global business needs.Cerinte
The candidate for this position should meet the following demands:
• Technical University degree or student in final year
• Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware products with a focus on WebLogic Server
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux administration skills (preferably with bash shell scripting) are considered a plus
• Team player, good communicator, analytical thinking, problem solving orientation, capable to work under pressure
• troubleshooting and analytical skills;
• Ability to work as a team-player and as well on own initiative;
• Self-motivated and resourceful;
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English.
We are looking for a Junior Technical Specialist to work along with the IBM team and to deliver quality technical support and perform installation, administration, and maintenance of Oracle Fusion Middleware products for a European client in the government industry.
• Provide middleware technical support in a timely manner (including SLA);
• Perform requests for service, root cause analysis and problem resolution;
• Plan and implement operational changes (including outside business hours);
• Installation, administration and maintenance of Oracle Fusion Middleware products, with a focus on Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle OSB, Oracle API Gateway, and Oracle Enterprise Manager;
• Certificate management (creation, installation and administration of digital certificates);
• Work in close cooperation with the infrastructure and application management teams;
• Follow operational plans and participate in achieving the project's milestones;
• Actively document official and internal working procedures.
• The candidate will be part of an on-call operations team – involving on call activity once per month (including evenings, weekends and bank holidays).