This job is no longer active!
View all jobs AMBER STUDIO active
View all jobs Development Director active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Amber Studio is the largest independently-owned Romanian game development studio, offering premium creative and development services.Requirements
Competencies & Skills
• 5+ years of project management expertise in the games industry
• Shipped a minimum of 1 free-to-play mobile game in a project manager role
• Experience effectively leading development teams (domestic, global, local, external, outsourced)
• Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics driven decision-making
• Strong project and people management skills
• Deep knowledge of Agile, PMP, Prince2
• Solid understanding of Live Operations and Games as a Service (GAAS)
• Passion and considerable experience playing games, knowledge of free-to-play mobile game systems;
• Excellent English oral/written communication and collaboration skills
• Servant leader
• Altruist personality, constantly seeking to help others
• Self-motivated and passionate about work
• Passionate about project management
• Demonstrates proactive decision making, ownership and high initiative
• Always looking for self-improvement
• Strong analytical thinker
• Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles
• Creative and sharp business sense with exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments
Amber is looking for a passionate and experienced Development Director who will lead development teams to operational success on high-quality and top grossing games. This is a key role that involves a high level of interaction with project team members across all disciplines, external clients / partners and internal Amber leadership. The Development Director is responsible for driving, growing and nurturing the Project Management group within Amber, by promoting and sharing best practices, mentoring the Project Management organization, exploring and evolving methodologies to fit our projects and clients, overseeing the cultural alignment of the Project Management team and ensuring the high-quality standard of Project Management services. Right out of the gate you’ll be making an impact on existing or to-be-released game titles with AAA publishers. This position will work closely with the Head of Product Development, Head of Research and Development (R&D), and other cross-functional product teams within Amber to understand and deliver against Amber strategic goals and product initiatives.
• Oversee the Project Management organization spanning across the company;
• Grow the Project Management organization by interviewing, hiring and onboarding new project managers;
• Set up standards and best practices across different projects to promote an Agile and Lean methodology;
• Improve and adapt project management methodologies depending on project and partner needs;
• Offer coaching and career path guidance to all project managers;
• Give overall professional feedback and provide performance reviews;
• Work collaboratively with Art, Design, Development and QA lead to create, implement and iterate process and methodologies to achieve product and team success;
• Work with Amber Guild leads to identify and resolve all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the game teams from delivering the product on time, at quality and on budget;
• Attract, develop, inspire and lead high performing teams, creating a culture that motivates and retains talent required for product success.
What we offer:
• A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
• Professional and friendly work environment.
• An attractive salary package with private medical services.
• Easy-to-access headquarter located at Ciudad Creativa Digital.
• Awesome and talented colleagues.
• Support from all your teammates.
• Access to training and learning programs.