Junior Data Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Vauban active
View all jobs Junior Data Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Acquisitions - Logistics - Supplies active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Production active on Hipo.ro
Vauban joined the GFI Group at the beginning of January 2019. With more than 450 consultants in Romania, Vauban is a leading provider of IT services and innovative applications. Created in 2007, the company has experienced strong growth and has established itself as a reference partner for key accounts in the Banking, Telecom, Industry and Energy sectors.Requirements
- Basic knowledge with 1 or 2 years of experience on Hadoop environment (Hive, Oozie, HDFS, Knox etc.)
- A specific training and support will be given by the company on the Data Lake Loader tool
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methods and JIRA
- Knowledge and practice of Git, ideally Gitlabee
- Certification as Data Engineer on GCP will be required
- English speaking
- Previous experience in Supply Chain will be appreciated.
Data Lake activities:
- Ingestion of “raw” data from Information systems to Data Lake
- Transformation of raw data to “gold” data into the Data Lake
- Maintenance of ingestions and transformations in production
- Provide GUI application to manage some ingestion and transformation processes
- Support to business on framing, build solutions
- Maintenance of Supply Chain universes
- Maintenance of 40 tools Excel/VBA
- Monitoring scheduled treatments, and raise incident when needed
- Analyze cause of incidents
- Fix incidents or escalate to Data Lake Platform team if the root cause is in their scope
- All activities include part of documentation, analysis, and tests.
The data engineer will join a team of 6 persons and will manage most of the activity around the data for the Supply Chain department of the company.
Most of the ingestion & transformation activities is managed with a homemade framework - “DLL” (Data Lake Loader).
Part of transformation is developed in Scala/Spark or Python, embedded in a DLL structure to support CI/CD.