Content Distribution Engineer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Brainspotting active.
Vezi toate job-urile Content Distribution Engineer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Hardware active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Telecomunicatii active pe Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Content Distribution Engineer is directly responsible, for the design, implementation and management of mission critical production infrastructure associated with Satellite and IP reception and distribution of video services as well as deep investigation of operational issues which could not be resolved in the 2nd level. The incumbent will show dedication and commitment to ensure services are delivered and maintained at the highest level with competence, professionalism and customer focus.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to operate in a high stress environment without losing focus on the quality of services being delivered
- Be able to demonstrate strong documentation and report writing skills for team members and other teams involved in the service delivery process
- Ability to coordinate business requirements and day to day tasks, both autonomously and in interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to manage medium to complex projects and service implementations
- Good communication skills and team-spirit
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus
- Ability to solve technical issues under pressure
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Electronics/Engineering/IT or equivalent
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Content Distribution/MCR
- Strong knowledge in DVB standards including CSA
- Experience in working with TV channels reception equipment (IRDs, decoders, media converters, demultiplexers), processing equipment (encoders, transcoders, baseband converters) and distribution equipment (multiplexers, distribution amplifiers, network switches, media converters)
- Experience in working with Headend specific software applications like PSIG, NMS
- Experience in administration of Linux and Windows servers and IP networks
- Experience in installation and administration of software application running on Linux and Windows servers
- Good understanding of IP networking and protocols
- Experience in deploying and managing virtualization technologies VMWare ESX and Citrix Xenserver
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible is a plus
- Able to read, write and debug shell code and other scripting languages (e.g. Perl, PHP, Python)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Designs, implements and maintains high availability and scalable infrastructure for acquisition, processing and distribution of video services
- Provides Level 3 support to Operations Teams (NOC, MCR, Playout) Provides and maintains detailed documentation of video services including drawings, operating procedures and troubleshooting guides Troubleshoot and ability to fix technical & operational issues (L1&2) in real time in ALL technical domains (Playout, DVB, RF etc.)
- Provide cost effective solutions with regards to operational, customer and budgetary requirements and based on currently available technologies
- Act proactively to improve service availability and reliability
- Manage the relationship with vendors with regards to maintenance agreements, incident management and software deployment
- Be able to understand and effectively interact with stakeholders (RF, IT, Networks, Facility) involved in the service delivery process at all levels in the organization
- Be proactive in recommending and implementing improvements to the existing infrastructure
- Manages allocated sites, hardware upgrades and planned maintenances